Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed 996 or 997

Jonny , good luck in your hunt for a 911 whatever flavour you decide to go for.
Please take the time to browse through the FAQ's, also make use of the search function on the site. You may find all your questions have already been answered. Also, as has been pointed out already, there are somethings that only you can decide, it's personal preference.
When you have made a decision perhaps you could ask what the best colour is.
:thumb:

pzero said:
Jonny , good luck in your hunt for a 911 whatever flavour you decide to go for.
Please take the time to browse through the FAQ's, also make use of the search function on the site. You may find all your questions have already been answered. Also, as has been pointed out already, there are somethings that only you can decide, it's personal preference.
When you have made a decision perhaps you could ask what the best colour is.
:thumb:

:agree:

You need to decide what you want from the car, how and when you want to use it etc :thumb:

Ok I think I've found her

997 c4s in guards red, it gets inspected Friday and will be collecting her Saturday if all goes well

:thumbs:

Jonnywise said:
Ok I think I've found her

997 c4s in guards red, it gets inspected Friday and will be collecting her Saturday if all goes well

:thumbs:

Make sure you see the results from a bore-score assessment, otherwise walk.

Ok the porsche Mecanic has just phone me and said overall the car is in very good condition (no boarscoring) but they is about 8 things that he brought my attention to-a rear parking sensor not work some corrosion on a exhaust mont etc nothing major but will need looking into. The owner will not go down from 30k so I have to make my mind up ? It's the car I want in the Color I want and the extras I want but the price is IMO to much but having said that I could look at 5 more and they need more work doing

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...earchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=10

Re: 997

Jonnywise said:
It's the car I want in the Color I want and the extras I want but the price is IMO to much

3 out of 4 ain't bad. You might never get 4/4.

My opinion = It's an awful lot of car for £30k.

Decisions, decisions. :grin:

The advert states the owner will have the car serviced at a Porsche dealer of the buyers choice. Will the seller be funding the 8 issues which showed up on the PPI?
As perviously said, it's a lot of car for the money as the PPI shows. I take is the history is impeccable too ?

s70rjw said:
The advert states the owner will have the car serviced at a Porsche dealer of the buyers choice. Will the seller be funding the 8 issues which showed up on the PPI?

I took it that the seller had agreed to drop £2,995 from the asking price - which should comfortably cover those costs.

Yes I'm paying 30k he will not go any lower,full history with one specilised porsche garge stamp,when I told him about the bits all he said, he's willing to pay me £100 to cover my travilng cost (I'm in London the cars in Cardiff)
But he will not drop any more from the price.he had already got it service (minor) well I'm off the victora coach station at 6am so hopefully everything works out :thumbs:

Jonnywise said:
Yes I'm paying 30k he will not go any lower,full history with one specilised porsche garge stamp,when I told him about the bits all he said, he's willing to pay me £100 to cover my travilng cost (I'm in London the cars in Cardiff)
But he will not drop any more from the price.he had already got it service (minor) well I'm off the victora coach station at 6am so hopefully everything works out :thumbs:

Sounds like a decent enough fella to me (and the pic with the CTEK connector in it suggests he has a bit of care about him as well). Good luck tomorrow - the car is going to put a massive smile on your face for sure - they're brill. :thumbs:

Very nice :thumbs: love a 4s .
All the rights bits on it.

the person that specced that car loved his leather !!

Get it bought :grin: if you're in London perhaps see you at the Ace cafਠbank hol Monday

Defo be at the next meet I'm off to bulgaria Wednesday,so only will have a couple of days with the mistresses:(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back