Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre and wheel insurance

uktivo

Hi all.

Has anyone taken out the wheel and tyre Insurance from the dealer?

If yes. Any experience of a claim? Any issues ? Would you do it again?

how much?

6appeal said:
how much?

399 pounds for 3 years cover.
That's up to 5 tyres replaced and up to 18 refurbished on alloy wheels. No excess.
Sounds good to me considering the cost per corner for rubber and then any alloy damage in the supermarket car park.. lol

Not a bad price to be honest... I've had a tyre policy a couple of times. Barclaycard did a deal of RAC tyre Insurance for a discounted price of £50 a year. I claimed £1200+ of tyres in one year from a spate of bad luck of pot holes and side wall damage... Strangely they stopped offering the policy.

6appeal said:
Not a bad price to be honest... I've had a tyre policy a couple of times. Barclaycard did a deal of RAC tyre Insurance for a discounted price of £50 a year. I claimed £1200+ of tyres in one year from a spate of bad luck of pot holes and side wall damage... Strangely they stopped offering the policy.

:D

I'd probably buy at that price, all the usual Insurance companies generally price at £300, so for extra £100 premium paying Porsche, you're getting alloy Insurance also... does the wording/policy cover buckled alloys? if it does, I'd bite their hand off!

6appeal said:
I'd probably buy at that price, all the usual Insurance companies generally price at £300, so for extra £100 premium paying Porsche, you're getting alloy Insurance also... does the wording/policy cover buckled alloys? if it does, I'd bite their hand off!

No it doesn't. Even so.. if you saw the state of my audi wheels. You would agree that I will get my monies worth. Lol.

Tried to get a quote for this from Porsche Centre in Reading. Apparently they don't offer this service.

OPC Chester do as my chum got it thrown in for 'free' when he negotiated the deal for a Panamera which happened to be the lowest priced car in the country and OPC still can't work it why they priced it as such :grin:

uktivo said:
Hi all.

Has anyone taken out the wheel and tyre Insurance from the dealer?

If yes. Any experience of a claim? Any issues ? Would you do it again?

Yes, I took it out along with minor paint work repairs (stone chips, scratches etc). I had a claim and it was painless and quickly sorted.
If you feel your wheels will be curbed any time soon, like when your lend your motor to the Mrs, then its worthwhile Insurance :thumb:

I took it out on my previous Panamera Turbo, and again on the GT3.
Panamera because it had the chocolate Turbo wheels with the additional kerb magnets :)
I used it twice.
once having driven over part of a roadsigns on an unlit road that punctured front and rear tyres, and scratched an alloy.
And a run of the mill puncture in a car park. More than paid for itself

cost had dropped significantly for the GT3 (no idea why) so took it out again.
then last weekend avoid a bloody cat in a housing estate & very lightly kerbed a front wheel - not even exposed the alloy, just the primer
Car is being picked up tomorrow to get the alloy fixed - 20" centre locks, and a satin finish.
I think the excess is £5
this is with OPC Cambridge - who have been excellent - from memory their package is significantly cheaper than what you were quoting too..

I received this from the dealer ahead of collecting at the end of the month:

Our Tyre and Alloy Insurance covers for 5 tyres (tyres up to £450 per tyre) and 10 alloy refurbs for 2 years. Minor damage repair cover is for dent,
scuff and scratched up to 15cm and cost £350

Deal on Tyre Insurance

Call Organic Insurance on 01254 368251 and ask for Chris. They are a whole of market Insurance broker and provide many add on vehicle solutions.

£120 per annum for the policy and is renewed each year, it can be bought at any stage doesn't have to be when car is new. Your covered for 4 tyres each year and can have a tyre benefit of ether £300 per tyre or £500 per tyre.

Allow wheel Insurance is also available.

Or email:

[email protected]

Tyre and Allow cover

I have just been offered tyre and alloy cover from Porsche and its 599 for 24months. Covers 5 tyres and unto 10 wheel refurbs - is it worth it? I have just got my first 911 (991.1 C4S)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back