Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch Suddenly Gave Up

Cloris

The car has been driven around the block several times since finishing the build. Grearbox shifted nicely up to third and clutch operated as it should. Well, Tried to back out of the garage and clutch suddenly gave up. Could not get it into any gear-just ground the gears as if the clutch was not depressed at all. 托板車
Background: Clutch is almost new. Clutch cable is new. Everything else, I.e. clutch fork, trani etc. came out of the donor car. I just inspected and cleaned everything up before reassembly. Trani was not opened up-just replaced the oil with Swebco.料架
So I re-traced all my initial assembly steps:
1. inspected pedal assembly and front linkage in tunnel.
2. checked clutch cable seating at rear by tunnel. Cable sheath makes a nice metal sound against the clutch tube in the tunnel.
3. re-checked cable basic adjustment with cable disconnected at 1.2mm.
4. Re-set cable pre-load with cable connected at 1.0mm.
5. Re-set clutch release distance to 25.0mm (stop on floor board).
With the rear wheels off the ground, it will go into any gear if, and only if, the rear wheels are freewheeling. If I apply the brake pedal while I try to put it into gear with the clutch depressed, then it just grinds away. 物料架
I'm getting the feeling that the clutch fork has bent or dislocated itself from the pilot bearing.
Any ideas? 拖板車
BTW, I have also posted this issue in my build thead but would appreciate posting any replies/comments and suggestions here.
Evolution of a Carrera RST
Thanks in advance.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back