Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Inexpensive alloy refurb/vodywork garage in Gtr Manchester

FionnMac

Hi all,

Unfortunately I''ve decided to sell my 2005 model 997 this summer, but several of the alloys are scuffed and there's some scratches to the paintwork in a couple of places.

I feel like getting the work done relatively cheaply would be worth my while and make it easier to sell. I had a pretty ridiculous quote from Road&Race in Bolton so hoping to get a lot cheaper.

Any recommendations in the Manchester area or North West? I'd consider West Yorkshire/Cheshire

Thanks very much

Would be interesting to know how much Road and Race are quoting for and their prices. :thumb:

Lets wait for the reply on the price quoted. It will not be the cheapest price but I was surprised that it was not as expensive as I thought at a Porche approved bodyshop.

The quote from R&R was £3k!

I would have to check my quote but I think it was 3 alloys and includes painting quite a few panels to sort out some paint scratches on rear, door, and maybe one other place. A lot of 'we've gotta do that panel because we're doing this one' etc etc

Don't worry I'm not going there, can't afford to! First job is to get quotes from the wheel places in Stockport, thanks for the links!

May also try KC Autos. The £700 quote from Revolution Porsche for the brake discs/pads (and a couple other small bits) actually isn't that bad for what it is, I've compared their Pagid discs prices to what I can get online with a discount code, and it's similar. Labour £160-ish. But the question is - do I actually need to get some or all of the brakes done - before I sell the car?

Spoke to Russ at Revolution and he 'doesn't remember details' - it was nearly a month ago to be fair. I do have a video from them showing corrosion but I'm not really able to judge myself. Don't think any of it is mega urgent but probably 'soon' Guess I should check to see if it's advisory on last MOT?

Thanks for help btw lads

£3k seems about right if you have different panels damaged as they have to take the paint into an adjoining panel for blending it in otherwise it may come out looking like a patchwork of different shades.A big chunk of that will be preparation time. A lower quote will have a lower labour time for preparation.

When its different panels, the cost rack up. Take it to an indy or a group such as KC Autos and see what they come in at let us know.

The cost of wheels refurb will be same nearly everywhere you go. If they are stock alloys (not diamond cut) budget around £100 per corner and anyone who I know that has had wheels refurbed do all 4 even if its just one or two that need it.

The brakes replacement you'll save very little. I reckon Russ has already pared that to the bone with the cheapest Pagid discs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back