Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Celebrating 40 years of the 924

T8

Super Moderator
There was great display of the front-engined 'transaxle' cars on display at the Silverstone Classic this weekend including this, the first 924 delivered to the UK.

:worship: for 1976.

An immaculately restored 924 Turbo. :cloud9:

Hi,

This was my 924 Turbo, a car I really loved and it brings back so many happy memories. They are were brilliant car to drive with a decent performance at the time. Photos from a press launch in 1980 shortly before I bought it from the Porsche factory driver Tony Dron it was his "company car".

When the photos were taken Tony had just got back from the 1980 Le Mans finishing a brilliant 12th with co-driver Andy Rouse in the 924 Carrera GT #2 factory car. The Automobile Club D'Ouest sticker still visible in the windscreen under the mirror. The following year I took the car back to Le Mans with Porsche guest tickets courtesy of Tony and saw Derek Bell and Jacky Ickx romp home. Happy days!

Cheers,
Paul

I love 924's, I had a D reg 'S' as my first Porsche and she always made me smile. Unfortunately she was stolen and trashed. They cought the scum bags but I think they got away with it :evil:

Mine, took it to Le Mans Classic this year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back