Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A few exterior mods

Jason Taylor

I normally change my car every 2 years or so but have stuck with the Turbo for 4 years now, Ive decided as its a keeper that i would have a few mods on the exterior just to freshen it up. These mods are as follows:

1. Fixed aero wing
2. Aero front Splitter
3. Painted Sill covers
4. Painted rear lower valance
5. Gen 2 Wheels
6. GT3 Smile vent

Along with the led lights and quad tailpipes i think it gives a total diffrent look to the car which im very pleased with, I have however, just on the off chance that i do sell kept all of the origional parts taken off the car including valance, splitter etc

Attachments

• img_1322_208.jpg
    img_1322_208.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 5,629
  • img_1323_179.jpg
    img_1323_179.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 5,629
  • img_1324_386.jpg
    img_1324_386.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 5,629
  • img_1342_386.jpg
    img_1342_386.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 5,629
  • img_1321_213.jpg
    img_1321_213.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 5,629
Jason a really nice set of subtle and personal mods none of which should affect future desirability or the car, the turbo aero kit looks fantastic, in one of your photos it looked like a nice set of spacers would help the stance, but that again a personal thing, but a great looking car make even better IMO good job :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil, I did have a set of springs to lower the car 20mm, the garage who were fitting them didn't have time to do them so I decided Against them as I was unsure if it would give me problems with clearance especially given the profile of the splitter. I think there comes a point where you need to draw a line and stop

Jason Taylor said:
Thanks Phil, I did have a set of springs to lower the car 20mm, the garage who were fitting them didn't have time to do them so I decided Against them as I was unsure if it would give me problems with clearance especially given the profile of the splitter. I think there comes a point where you need to draw a line and stop

Hi Jason, Yes agreed with your thoughts on not lowering it especially as the front lip is painted ,but without lowering it I still thinK some spacers on the front and rear to pull the wheels out a little would improve the stance and easy to do, and just remove the 4 wheels remove the 4 spacers and its back to stock. :thumb: no geo needed with just spacers hard to tell from the pics but maybe 7mm or 10mm on the rear and 5mm/7mm front ah yes and I like the number plate :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Lower it Jason, lower it! 8)

I've just had -20mm springs fitted to my Turbo and it improves the looks immeasurable. In normal road driving the front spoiler doesn't hit, over road humps it just ''kisses' the surface if you aren't careful. I can live with that as the ride height now looks spot on to me! :thumbs:

This weekend the wheel spacers go on. :D

basildon993 said:

I've just had -20mm springs fitted to my Turbo and it improves the looks immeasurable. In normal road driving the front spoiler doesn't hit, over road humps it just ''kisses' the surface if you aren't careful. I can live with that as the ride height now looks spot on to me! :thumbs:

I was very tempted, but when I've caught the front splitter in the past and heard that horrible scraping noise it turns my stomach. I did actually look at the car graphic suspension set up which raises the front end, up to I believe 40mm but the cost was prohibitive, maybe that's a mod for next year

basildon993 said:

I was very tempted, but when I've caught the front splitter in the past and heard that horrible scraping noise it turns my stomach. I did actually look at the car graphic suspension set up which raises the front end, up to I believe 40mm but the cost was prohibitive, maybe that's a mod for next year

Jason Taylor said:

Yes! Fit spacers and lower it!! :) :)

Here's mine with a painted splitter and lowered, no issues yet as long as you go steady over the speed humps... :)

DX3C1003-Edit.jpg

Where you go after a turbo I've no idea!!

Lovely :thumb:

AdeD said:
Jason Taylor said:

Here's mine with a painted splitter and lowered, no issues yet as long as you go steady over the speed humps... :)

DX3C1003-Edit.jpg

Ade, That does have a great stance mate lovely.
My front lip is unpainted so I really don't worry about scraping the front lip, which is hard to avoid on this countries third world roads.
It has now just been added to my annual disposable list next to oil filter etc. :thumb:

AdeD said:
Jason Taylor said:

DX3C1003-Edit.jpg
I must admit the stance of your car does look very aggressive.
I may need to re-visit the lowering option at some point, i would be much more willing to try the car with spacers first and take a view from there. What spacers did you use on your car (Brand/size)?

The 'standard' spacer sizes seem to be 7mm front, 15mm rear. You can even buy sets with this size pairing.

However, it appears that some prefer their wheels a bit further out so that they are flush with the body. 15mm front and 20mm rear seems the preferred choice for this, although some seem to go 12mm front? Guess it depends what looks right to you?

Also if you have a fast road geometry done on the car it will be set up with more negative camber which of course pushes the top of the wheel further into the arch. This may again effect what spacers you need.

A veritable mine field! :?:

KJD said:
Where you go after a turbo I've no idea!!

Lovely :thumb:

A GT2 of course :)

Attachments

• 9823164955_c0e83fae5f_c_778.jpg
    9823164955_c0e83fae5f_c_778.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 5,024
  • 12141901_607.jpg
    12141901_607.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 5,024

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads