Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F type jaguar?

Interesting feedback here, although it does seem that many posters are 911 owners so possibly would be looking at the jag as a sideways move and in true 911 fashion :lol: thinking of the boxster s as a move downwards.

My bro in law would not really give a lot of consideration to simple things like driver feedback, he will think that's something involving food on the go. He is also a bmw man , so again will probably opt for luxury over sportiness. I.e. He prefers the x5 over the rr sport.

I'm starting to think it could be the jag he goes for after all.

So much pro Jag here, I'm getting tempted to try one out :?:

I wonder how many of the pro Jaguar posters have tried one :?:

I do love the looks but when I read reviews and comparisons, Ive yet to read one where the Jag is a clear winner.

I think the F type is superb..

Residuals seem fantastic at the moment,3 yr old bog spec convertibles are £40k+ and the coupe £5K more.

I have had a go in a 3.0 and it was quick enough,the R must be bonkers fast.

As soon as they come into my price bracket i will have one..

When I drove the R I was in lane 1 of a 2 lane dual carriageway and the salesman was giving me all his sales patter in the passenger seat. I could see an Audi coming up in lane 2 and I was catching a car in my lane, as there was just enough room before the Audi got there I booted the throttle and the R just flew forwards and I kept pressing on for another couple of seconds. As I bit the throttle the salesman stopped talking mid word and kacked his pants, I had a little snigger to myself as I noticed him do it. It still makes me laugh now when I think about it.

The R has a lot of theatre in the same way a Fezza does but the car itself was designed around a golf club bag.

As an old girlfriend of mine used to say, Jag=safe middle aged mans car :grin:

Boxster all day long for me :thumb: try threading a huge F type through the lanes in anger :nooo:

I too felt the jag looked a bit bulky compared to the boxster but I'm feeling my bro in law would be happy with that, as he is a big car person. Plus he doesn't do silly high mileage.

I'm certainly going to help him on his hunt and look forward to trying out an f type on his behalf, just hope I don't get tempted and end up chopping in the 981 s in a years time and getting all Comfy in a jagwaaar.

Not thinking it's going to happen though.

A couple of things that annoyed me about the Jag was the sunroof blind was like something from a 1990 Ford Fiesta and it costs more new than the equivalently new 911, my 14 year old Targa has an electric blind fitted.

Also the ride was as harsh as my Targa and mine is lowered with poly bushes everywhere, I was surprised how harsh or was for a new car.

The jag is a winner, and will be a legend, you just know it, its time they came up with a superstar, buy a coupe, brand new if you can, and treat it like a baby and in 20 years you will get your money back.

Shame its a two seater. But I bloody like it.

Palladium said:
The jag is a winner, and will be a legend, you just know it, its time they came up with a superstar, buy a coupe, brand new if you can, and treat it like a baby and in 20 years you will get your money back.

Shame its a two seater. But I bloody like it.

Utter nonsense.

Wasn't the e type a bit of a legend?
Not sure if I could buy and nurse a car for 20 years though.

It would have around 300k on it by that time and I'd have bought it about 3 times over with repairs and maintenance.

Maybe a good used one in 10 years time might be worth a punt.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back