Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering 997

My car is in today for lowering and fast road geo. Can't wait to see it! :thumbs:

basildon993 said:
My car is in today for lowering and fast road geo. Can't wait to see it! :thumbs:

pics asap please :thumb: :grin:

Consider also Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have them on my 997 Carrera S. Lower than standard, but not exactly grass-cutter low. Reduced body-roll upon turn-in is a major improvement.

RichardKS said:
Consider also Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have them on my 997 Carrera S. Lower than standard, but not exactly grass-cutter low. Reduced body-roll upon turn-in is a major improvement.

I am watching a listing on ebay for these, seller is from Germany and they are a bit cheaper.

antonio said:
RichardKS said:

I am watching a listing on ebay for these, seller is from Germany and they are a bit cheaper.

I'm lowered and Spaced with what is now Eibachs. I had H&R's put on the car first and with the aerokit it was just to low and I scraped on every speed hump.

The Eibachs are just a nats c@ck ( just under 5mm higher) and it made a difference !!

Boba fett said:
antonio said:
RichardKS said:

I'm lowered and Spaced with what is now Eibachs. I had H&R's put on the car first and with the aerokit it was just to low and I scraped on every speed hump.

The Eibachs are just a nats c@ck ( just under 5mm higher) and it made a difference !!

That does look just the right height mate, some of these kits do drop the cars too much. think mine sits similar to yours, I am on techarts

Attachments

• car_a1_604.jpg
    car_a1_604.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 9,871
I went H & R -25 on my S too low for my liking, I then changed to H & R -15mm with 12mm rear spacers and 7 mm front.
Looks exactly as I want it.

No Sorry Antonio, Brookspeed in Southampton did mine

Cheers Phil, i am considering them but would like someone closer if poss.

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
antonio said:
RichardKS said:

That does look just the right height mate, some of these kits do drop the cars too much. think mine sits similar to yours, I am on techarts

Getting the lowering and spacing right can be a right Faff

Your car looks great by the way, great stance and love the little details :thumb:

nigel99 said:
I have been looking into this too and have found the H&R Springs online for £250 which seems a good deal.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=75334

Questions I have, for the C2S it shows that these will lower by 30mm. Is this too much considering that I have 15mm spacers added all round?

Also, is this difficult\risky to fit myself?

Nigel mate my feelings are that 30mm might take an "S" right up into the wheel arch as they start lower than a non "S". Its important as Boba says to get it just right, and it might be a false economy to do that , and it would pay to spend a bit more and get a set that drop 20mm as that will close the arch gap without making the car look slammed. :thumb: :grin:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
antonio said:
RichardKS said:

Getting the lowering and spacing right can be a right Faff

Your car looks great by the way, great stance and love the little details :thumb:

Thanks Mate :thumb:

Ok, not the best photo, but I had my car lowered last week by Parrs. After much deliberation I went for H&R -20mm springs in the end. Parrs also did their 'fast road' suspension set up, so the car now runs more camber than stock. Spacers have already been ordered! 8)

Interestingly the car has actually come down by more than 20mm. Measured at the middle of the arches, the front came down by 25mm and the rear by 22mm. Front spoiler lip now has 10cm / 4" ground clearance. It does 'kiss' the ground over severe road humps, but is otherwise fine. I wouldn't want to go any lower though!

100_3560.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back