Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering 997

Kcredfan

I would like to lower my 997.1 3.8s can anyone offer any advice, I am only doing this from a visual thing.
I want a similar stance to a GT3 not dragging on the floor !
What brands are best suited for road use ?
Thanks in advance :thumb:

I'm having my Turbo lowered next week! Have gone for H&R -20mm springs which seem to be a popular choice. Will take before and after pics and post on here. I have also gone for a fast road geo at the same time. Once the car is lowered I will then consider if spacers are needed.

I lowered 997.2 C2S on H&S -20mm springs, when I had suspension tweaked by Centre Gravity they did a full set of ride height measurements and said it was now identical ride height to 997.2 GT3.

I lowered mine with techart springs 20mm, very pleased as it doesn't sit right up in the arch but just gets rid of the arch gap. they are made by eibach but to a different spec and only drop 20mm whereas some brands drop 25/30mm and I have had them 2years and the car has not continued to drop as happens with some brands. , you will need a geo done and look at spacers to complete the visual . if you have a standard front bumper you will only very rarely scrap, if you have an aerokit or anything with a lip you will scrape often and the lip will become an annual change job £180 but worth it to get the look right. :thumb: :grin:

Im thinking of lowering mine, anyone know how many hours labour this would take ?

Phil 997 said:
I lowered mine with techart springs 20mm, very pleased as it doesn't sit right up in the arch but just gets rid of the arch gap. they are made by eibach but to a different spec and only drop 20mm whereas some brands drop 25/30mm and I have had them 2years and the car has not continued to drop as happens with some brands. , you will need a geo done and look at spacers to complete the visual . if you have a standard front bumper you will only very rarely scrap, if you have an aerokit or anything with a lip you will scrape often and the lip will become an annual change job £180 but worth it to get the look right. :thumb: :grin:

Good point about some springs continuing to drop as the years pass. Nobody has mentioned anything about about the H+R's doing this so presumably they maintain their height after settling too.

antonio said:
Im thinking of lowering mine, anyone know how many hours labour this would take ?

I had brookspeed do my in Eastleigh, Hampshire and all in cost I think was about £580, springs and labour...

crlincoln said:
antonio said:

I had brookspeed do my in Eastleigh, Hampshire and all in cost I think was about £580, springs and labour...

Thanks, that doesnt sound too bad.

crlincoln said:
antonio said:

Brookspeed did mine also I supplied the techart springs they fitted them, they know there stuff and won't rip you off. :thumb:

basildon993 said:
I'm having my Turbo lowered next week! Have gone for H&R -20mm springs which seem to be a popular choice. Will take before and after pics and post on here. I have also gone for a fast road geo at the same time. Once the car is lowered I will then consider if spacers are needed.

Same. I lowered mine on H&R -20mm. been on 10k miles. Looks good, drives well no issues at all. Springs still look like new, no wear.

M9JOC said:
basildon993 said:

Same. I lowered mine on H&R -20mm. been on 10k miles. Looks good, drives well no issues at all. Springs still look like new, no wear.

Same here; H&R -20mm springs, plus 15mm spacers front and 20mm spacers rear. :thumb:

DeathStar said:
M9JOC said:
basildon993 said:

Same here; H&R -20mm springs, plus 15mm spacers front and 20mm spacers rear. :thumb:

Mmm, I was thinking of going for the 'standard' 7mm front / 15 mm rear? Will have to see what the car looks like when I get it back from lowering.

basildon993 said:
DeathStar said:
M9JOC said:
basildon993 said:

Mmm, I was thinking of going for the 'standard' 7mm front / 15 mm rear? Will have to see what the car looks like when I get it back from lowering.

I had 7mm F and 15mm R at first - but as others have said on here; the 7mm spacers just don't bring the wheel out enough (I'm on standard 997.1 turbo wheels), plus they're not hubcentric - so I took the 15mm's off the rear and put them on the front, then put some 20mm's on the rear - looks spot on now :thumb:

DeathStar said:
basildon993 said:
DeathStar said:
M9JOC said:
basildon993 said:

I had 7mm F and 15mm R at first - but as others have said on here; the 7mm spacers just don't bring the wheel out enough (I'm on standard 997.1 turbo wheels), plus they're not hubcentric - so I took the 15mm's off the rear and put them on the front, then put some 20mm's on the rear - looks spot on now :thumb:

I'm running standard wheels to. Decisions, decisions. :D

Lowering

Thanks guys for all the advice, as soon as my car is back from the dreaded bore score hospital I will be onto springs, spacers and geo.
Regards

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back