Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bumper cars in Austria

DRZ911

Great race in Austria. :thumb:

Bumper cars on the final lap. :eek:

Rosberg's brakes conveniently failed (according to TW), but that doesn't excuse Rosberg not trying to turn in properly and forcing Hamilton off the track and then holding him off the track.

Any thoughts. :?:

Lack of sportsmanship :dont know:

Interesting one this, Hamilton would've done exactly the same thing had it been Rosberg shooting down the outside. So I feel it was a racing incident between 2 very competitive drivers. It was Hamilton's choice to turn in after all,it's very brave expecting the car on the inside not to be there.
Hamilton biffed Rosberg off the track in Canada when he tried to go round the outside, so it's all fair do's in my book. Why should Hamilton expect Rosberg to let him passed?.
Opens the championship up a treat, Silverstone next week will be amazing.
:thumb:

Shurv said:
Interesting one this, Hamilton would've done exactly the same thing had it been Rosberg shooting down the outside. So I feel it was a racing incident between 2 very competitive drivers. It was Hamilton's choice to turn in after all,it's very brave expecting the car on the inside not to be there.
Hamilton biffed Rosberg off the track in Canada when he tried to go round the outside, so it's all fair do's in my book. Why should Hamilton expect Rosberg to let him passed?.

+1

That's how I saw it too. What's good for the goose.......

Rosberg didn't have the smarts though to take his medicine and remain in 2nd place. Had he done so he would have been sitting on a stronger lead. Easy to judge from my comfortable armchair I admit.

As it is Rosberg may have a penalty to come for driving on with a wrecked car. :?:

pzero said:
Shurv said:

+1

That's how I saw it too. What's good for the goose.......

Rosberg didn't have the smarts though to take his medicine and remain in 2nd place. Had he done so he would have been sitting on a stronger lead. Easy to judge from my comfortable armchair I admit.

As it is Rosberg may have a penalty to come for driving on with a wrecked car. :?:

.could have taken an easy second, bearing in mind he was only in the lead due to pit stop strategy shenanigans, not as if he fought for the pace with #44 in the first place.

Second would've left Rosberg with a @20 point lead on Hamilton, now it's only 9. Not sure he'll feel so clever in the morning once he's thought about it.

Rosberg given 10 sec penalty and 2 driving points, so it would appear that those who count hold Rosberg accountable. Which is how I sore it, he never turned in missed apex by a cars width. LH kept wide and left room but Rosberg knew LH would have the drive out of the corner,which is why he tried to block. If Rosberg hadn't messed up corner 1 he would of won, but that's racing and it's making F1 interesting again so let them race I say :thumb:

Cunno said:
Rosberg given 10 sec penalty and 2 driving points, so it would appear that those who count hold Rosberg accountable. Which is how I sore it, he never turned in missed apex by a cars width. LH kept wide and left room but Rosberg knew LH would have the drive out of the corner,which is why he tried to block. If Rosberg hadn't messed up corner 1 he would of won, but that's racing and it's making F1 interesting again so let them race I say :thumb:

Light punishment for Rosberg. He is the one the fans should have been booing. :?

What bothered me was the German mgmt not condeming Rosberg for an obvious drive into Hamilton when he(NR) did not even turn in for the corner.

:nooo:

I agree Wizard, I think if the situation had been reversed TW might have been more vocal .

There seems to be a few subtle incidents now where things favour Rosberg, but Hamilton is just naturally the better racer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back