Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car cover

Richcruss

Hey people

Looking for some advice on an outdoor car cover for my 997 turbo. I bought a genuine Porsche one and all it did was mark the paint. Can anyone advise an outdoor cover with soft lining for fixed wing 997 turbo.? Thanks in advance

Mark the paint? As in scratch or give it a mat finish on the high points of contact? I would like thought Porsche OE cover 4 seasons was one of the best. Doesn't do their image good having unloved looking cars on the road. Don't know what to suggest on than a very tight snug fitting cover first then a weather protection cover on top.

Basically when it moved in the wind it left light hazing/Matt areas on the high spots but these were bad enough they needed to be machine polished to be removed not what I was expecting from a cover supplied by Porsche. Was thinking of getting an indoor soft cover and putting that on first

If it were me I'd be writing a very concise letter to Porsche GB with photographic evidence plus my receipt of purchase and insist they intervene.

Look at any packaging or instructions and caution notices etc to make sure it doesn't say something like 'this product is for temporary / light use' or 'this product should be used in conjunction with """""""""" to prevent wear of vehicle exterior"

Oh definitely, if it's a genuine Porsche product on a Porsche product then it clearly isn't fit for purpose or you'd of used a large plastic sheet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back