Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheeler Dealers New Series

Kimbo

I'm thoroughly enjoying the new series of Wheeler Dealers in California.

A slick American production with Mike actually getting his 'old owt yer hands dirty and doing some work helping Ed putting the cars together.

Love him or hate him, he's a great presenter and genuinely enthusiastic.

At least they 'mention' the labour hours...even though they still do not take the cost into account :sad:

I've always quite liked it but I just watch the first 1/4, fast forward the middle half and then watch the 'sale'.

Wasn't someone on here supposed to buy the green, sorry, amethyst 993 :?:

Kimbo said:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the new series of Wheeler Dealers in California.

A slick American production with Mike actually getting his 'old owt yer hands dirty and doing some work helping Ed putting the cars together.

Love him or hate him, he's a great presenter and genuinely enthusiastic.

Missed it so far, has anyone cut Ed's hair yet??

I think they have americanised it, lost a lot of the interesting stuff that Ed used to explain and ruined it.

The sooner they return to the UK the better.

It's still doing it for me👍

I always come away from viewing one of these shows with the impression that the US has much better manufacturing and retail support for car enthusiasts than we have in the UK.

Maybe if I actually did some of my own spannering I'd know different!

tim

Always loved WD just watching Ed work on the motors. Excellent tricks off him at times that come in very handy when DIYing.

ragpicker said:
Feel more scripted than ever. Edd seems to be trying to be miserable and acting like he doesnt like Mike any more.

Agreed, I don't understand why they've done that. Maybe the production values of the US show coupled with a bit more less-scripted, happier hands-on approach of the UK one would be a winner.

alex yates said:
Always loved WD just watching Ed work on the motors. Excellent tricks off him at times that come in very handy when DIYing.

What he said ^^^^ :thumb:

I still enjoy watching this although they seem to whiz through all of Edd's work pretty quickly these days. More time required for advertisements in US maybe? :dont know:

Last week's episode was interesting: rear-engined; air-cooled; flat six; but not a Porsche!

The joy of having all those hundreds of old cars scattered in everyone's back yards, plus the endless supply of cheap parts, bodyshops, cheap labour rates, lovely sunny winding roads etc.

What are we doing here :sad:

I'm enjoying the current series, it not trying to hard to be 'with it' or 'hip' and so comes across very naturally. The production is way better too.

If you dont get what I mean then watch the current top gear offerings......

I've not seen any of the current series yet, for me Wheeler Dealers is okay but I much prefer Car SOS, the owners reaction when the car gets given back, tv gold :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back