Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Bumper on a Standard Carrera

Satch

Spa-Francorchamps
Hello. Currently own a 996 so im a kind of newbie to the 991 area. Just looking for a bit of advice.

I'm close to putting a deposit down on a 2012 991 Carrera 3.4 (Not the S)

Although the car looks really nice, and me never having kept a car standard in my life i am wondering if the GT3 front bumper will bolt straight onto a standard Carrera?

The car in queston does not have front parking sensors so that is not an issue, however for me, the GT3 front bumper can dramatically make the front end more aggressive.

I just cant stretch to GT3 money, and just want this for a road car in any case, so the Carrera is thr right route for me i think.

Any help or if anybody has done this id be very happy to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

With the 996 and 997 they are pretty much a straight swap so the 991 shouldn't be any different , you will need a few bits the air intake ducts are different. Also the top smile grille won't properly do anything it will just be cosmetic on the swap. but the few bits needed are cheap and as you say it gives it a better look. some will tell you that you will mess with the aero dynamics if you fit the front but don't add a rear spoiler. yes maybe so if you intend to track it but for normal road driving not much of an issue. but you may want to fit a rear spoiler anyway if you like the more aggressive look.
:thumb: :grin:

Thanks. Yeah i put the GT3 bumper on my 996 and it was an easy straight swap. Im just looking for purely cosmetic upgrades.

Id be interested to hear from anybody who has done it. There is a company in America who do them for around 3k delivered, but they are fibreglass. Not sure i want to be paying 3k for a fibreglass copy. If it was direct from Porsche fair enough.

Ill call Porsche to see how much it costs, unless anybody has a parts catalogue with pricing (if such a thing exists)

Satch said:
Thanks. Yeah i put the GT3 bumper on my 996 and it was an easy straight swap. Im just looking for purely cosmetic upgrades.

Id be interested to hear from anybody who has done it. There is a company in America who do them for around 3k delivered, but they are fibreglass. Not sure i want to be paying 3k for a fibreglass copy. If it was direct from Porsche fair enough.

Ill call Porsche to see how much it costs, unless anybody has a parts catalogue with pricing (if such a thing exists)

Satch PMed you an option :thumb: :grin:

There is another 991 that has popped up on my radar, with a bit of a better spec for the same money. However this has the PDC in the front.

Would it simply be a case of making the relevant sized holes in the bumper or is there more to it?

From what i can see, there is just 2 sensors on the front either side of the number plate position.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back