Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Home Built Hot Rod (Video Build)

Great stuff Jeff. Loved the sketch too. I wouldn't mind one of those myself. (I've got a 993 targa with targa split rims).

Great stuff Jeff and awesome colour choice. Can't wait to see the car in the flesh when completed.
Will you take it to any events when finished?

Millomboy said:
Great stuff Jeff. Loved the sketch too. I wouldn't mind one of those myself. (I've got a 993 targa with targa split rims).

Haha. Sorry I made my living as an artist for 13 years. I have since retired from that side of things.

Whytar said:
Great stuff Jeff and awesome colour choice. Can't wait to see the car in the flesh when completed.
Will you take it to any events when finished?

Yes, I will hopefully have it out everywhere :D
Definitely on PFA days, as well as some track days too.

Gubsta said:
Great videos Jeff - I think I was one of your first 50 subscribers! Although every time I watch you make me feel guilty about not tackling more myself on my car...

Love the colour too!

I am amazed how many new subscribers I get every day. You should get out there and give it a go. At least for me, there is no better satisfaction than to know you did it yourself.

Jeff.

Might be a bit OTT in dreary old Blighty but in the sunshine Orange is good, how about a touch of turquoise somewhere to bling it up a bit ... looking forward to see it finished. Keith

Homebuiltbyjeff said:
Millomboy said:

Haha. Sorry I made my living as an artist for 13 years. I have since retired from that side of things.
:x
Cheers Jeff, fully understand and I will still watch you videos.

kp964 said:
Might be a bit OTT in dreary old Blighty but in the sunshine Orange is good, how about a touch of turquoise somewhere to bling it up a bit ... looking forward to see it finished. Keith

I have something in mind, but you will have to wait and see ;)

Another great pair of vids there mate!

Which spray gun are you using? Devilbiss GT?

Also, do you regularly watch any youtube painters like TheGunMan? He's great for picking up tips on painting. Just wondering if you have any others you watch? I'm about to attempt to spray my little boxster and need all the help I can get!!

:thumb:

ragpicker said:

Also, do you regularly watch any youtube painters like TheGunMan? He's great for picking up tips on painting. Just wondering if you have any others you watch? I'm about to attempt to spray my little boxster and need all the help I can get!!

I am just using a copy of an Iwata gun. I have used them for years and I always found them to be pretty good. I made my living as an Airbrush Artist for 13 years, specifically working on cars and bikes. Doing everything from murals of Dragons, etc, through to graphics like flames in with marble candy apples, to freehand pinstriping. Although I am not a spray painter as such, as I didn't generally do the prep work or the clear coat on the cars. I did do it every now and then, and I was around it all every day. I am far from an expert, but I have a reasonable knowledge, so that is what I have been going from. I definitely wouldn't look at how I am doing my car as a "how to". Just this is how I am doing it. I am continually getting feed back, telling me that I am doing this wrong or that wrong (which I probably am), but I still think I will get a pretty good finish the way I am doing it.

Homebuiltbyjeff said:
ragpicker said:

I am just using a copy of an Iwata gun. I have used them for years and I always found them to be pretty good. I made my living as an Airbrush Artist for 13 years, specifically working on cars and bikes. Doing everything from murals of Dragons, etc, through to graphics like flames in with marble candy apples, to freehand pinstriping. Although I am not a spray painter as such, as I didn't generally do the prep work or the clear coat on the cars. I did do it every now and then, and I was around it all every day. I am far from an expert, but I have a reasonable knowledge, so that is what I have been going from. I definitely wouldn't look at how I am doing my car as a "how to". Just this is how I am doing it. I am continually getting feed back, telling me that I am doing this wrong or that wrong (which I probably am), but I still think I will get a pretty good finish the way I am doing it.

Ahhh, that explains why you've been so good at it so quickly! It also hints that there may be a little customisation coming with the old paint job??

I saw an Austin Yellow BMW M4 yesterday which had a very thin electric blue front splitter under the bumper and matching electric blue wing mirrors. It looked absolutely ace!

A little accent colour will be making an appearance when I do my paint job, but I dont think I'll go as far as Candy Apple Red flames... :wink:

Ahhh, that explains why you've been so good at it so quickly! It also hints that there may be a little customisation coming with the old paint job??

I saw an Austin Yellow BMW M4 yesterday which had a very thin electric blue front splitter under the bumper and matching electric blue wing mirrors. It looked absolutely ace!

A little accent colour will be making an appearance when I do my paint job, but I dont think I'll go as far as Candy Apple Red flames... :wink:

I am keeping the rest of the painting under wraps at the moment, but I can confirm I will be doing something. Maybe a big dragon on the bonnet.....

kidding ;)[/quote]

Thought I would just have a quick look and ended up watching all 17 parts today. :eek:

:worship: Makes me feel quite inadequate but has at least inspired me to go and top-up the oil in my car. (well you've got to start somewhere :oops: )

Great choice with orange btw.

Keep up the good work jeff. Now subscribed. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back