Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lost Service History

Georgestamos

Hello all,
I'm hoping someone can help with a query about retrieving lost service history. My 964 history only goes back to the year 2000. Having contacted Porsche UK they tell me that their computer records only go back to they year 2000 and that's it! No further records on any Porsche system whatsoever. I'm somewhat baffled since I'm sure computer systems existed beforehand. If Porsche UK have no records on file then I guess I am at an end of my short-lived quest.
I have a service book but strangely with no stamps, my hope was to have it backdated by Porsche. Any help appreciated.

There will have been numerous system upgrades to IT systems that may result in data loss over time. Combine that with the fact that there are no central Porsche GB records cos the retail outlets are different groups with Porsche GB owning very few, and it can be like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

One option might be ti approach all former keepers (traceable via DVLA) and write to them for service invoices. The challenge you might face is if former keepers had private plates you are not aware of.

Good Luck.

Well its only my viewpoint that I've put forward based on what I know.
Someone may come along and tell us what a load of b*ll&ks it is and reveal the number of the secret locker at Waterloo Station with the magic history you are seeking.

I'm just trying not to set unrealistic expectations. I have talked to other owners in the samme predicament who have mentioned these challenges and share them with you openly.

If you do pursue it along these or any other lines, do share with us all so we are aware of how to go about it for the benefit of the wider Porsche community.

For sure it's a good starting point & there are 12 owners listed in the log book so you never know, right? I agree it is the best and only option that remains to me right now (saving a miracle 🙏).
I'll be sure to share any progress.
Thank you.

OK so I've started the process, firstly by sending off a DVLA V888 form requesting the contact details of previous log book registrants, together with a £2.50 fee!.

Thereafter I'll write to each of the 12 for information.

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed that the people have kept records and invoices and that they are willing to share them with you.
Not sure how you can go about having stamps in the book from those invoices, but some history is always desirable.

I know it's a real long shot & other than the £2.50 postage cost to DVLA I suppose I've nothing to lose.
Thanks Cheshire911 & Mark Golf, I didn't even think about previous owners having moved, to be honest I'm not expecting any replies but you just never know.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back