Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Cup car

Oh really they only made LHD? Haha

Having now read the description it says it's a Carrera with a Cup engine and other Cup parts on it.

NXI20 said:
isysman said:
Also this is meant to be a road legal cup car 997.

Ah yes, the extremely rare (as in "never made") RHD Cup car :floor:

Always wondered what became of my old 997 club sport :floor:

Nick's post above is quite persuasive :grin:

Sounds like you'd be better off buying a regular GT3 and throwing 30k at it to "Cup-a-size" it than going the other way

Roro said:
Nick's post above is quite persuasive :grin:

Y'think ? I'd say these are equally or more persuasive "for".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG6ZJ1vT8c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmag2hdiU8

Roro said:
Sounds like you'd be better off buying a regular GT3 and throwing 30k at it to "Cup-a-size" it than going the other way

Have you seen the price of Cup cars ? On the contrary, it'd be far cheaper to buy a Cup and "de-spec" it for road use.

But it depends on your MO, if you want to drive to track days the length and breadth of the U.K./Europe, drive through cities and park it in the street overnight, in all weathers, it could prove "trying".
If on the other hand you fancy a few hours behind the wheel on the deserted roads of N.Wales, Scotland etc, it'd be the ultimate, pure N/A 997 hit.

The Hollinger 'box will set you back the thick end of £20k if you grenade it, less if it just needs rebuilding, but if you could find an H pattern 'box it would fit in without too much aggro.

Rip the Cup dampers and springs off it, chuck on a set of custom sprung/valved TTX's (or bolt on a set of European spec Tarmac rally dampers/springs) and Cup 2's on 19" rims (you might need to recalibrate the ABS ECU ....) and Robert's you're dad's brother :mrgreen:

there is no way on this planet I would run a cup car on the road.

As per Nicks post - they are just not at all friendly !

Not forgetting that they have centre locks only.
it would be a total pig to drive IMHO - as pointed out elsewhere - have you ever watched on being manoeuvred around the paddock ?!
Stalls, kangaroos, no turning circle to speak of, low ground clearance...
I'll leave now :)

Yep, I'm standing by my earlier comments :D While I can see the pull of having a Cup car (kudos, thrill of ownership, excitement of the drive), I reckon the novelty would wear off fairly quickly. After that it wouldn't be long before I'd be looking for a GT3/RS instead, having destroyed a Cup car trying to make it road friendly lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back