Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window help...

Chris G

Hey,

I'm having trouble getting my passenger side window to work properly. I've replaced the window rail already as the previous one was rusty and bent. But even when the rail is right at the bottom, the window is really stiff to go down, you really have to force it down and then back up again. This has caused to light scratches in the glass.

I think when the car was resprayed it had all new seals, could it be the seals are just to tight and are gripping the window in place?

Any ideas on what I can do to solve this?

Thanks

Thanks Chris

Will take a look after at adjusting those after, but even when the rail isn't attached to the window, it's still very hard to get down. You have to put your hands on the glass and really force it down? When you try to bring it down with the mechanism, the glass stays up, but the mechanism moves down

Thanks again

Try spraying some silicone spray or wd40 on it!

Chris G said:
igaffz said:
Try spraying some silicone spray or wd40 on it!

On the seals/glass?

On the side running rails.

Did you replace the rubber insert that fits between rail and glass when you replaced the window rail?

Chris

Yeah put new rubber in as well.

Will try greasing the side runners.

Thanks again

It is usually the U- shaped felt that goes around the channel inside the window frame.
When it gets old it swells up, so making it difficult for the glass to go up and down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back