Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Top Gear starts tonight! Who's watching?

Snap Poll (24 hours only): New 2016 Top Gear, how was that for you ?

• Yes, an amazing show, worth the wait

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No different, just the same as it used to be

• OMG, how bad was that, TG is dead

• Total voters
I got to 1:57 on BBC I player before I was wishing the VPN on my I pad wasn't working. WAC, off the annoying scale with his stupid voice and stupid hair, and MLB is just trying to be too cool.
Roll on the Autumn and Amazon Prime. This was Pants.....at least Clarkson and co were likeable chaps, even if not to everyone's taste.

I agree with pretty much everything you have all said.

Early days but I don't think Evans will ever work, he is only successful with all his minions around to make him look good and his style is just annoying on TV .

It would be far better with MLB, Harris and Sabine, combine the best from both format, Extra Gear was far better, get rid of all the tossing around and silly stunts as they don't yet have the charisma to pull it off .

I have a friend who has done lots of work with Top Gear over the years he warned me not to expect to much and that the personalities hadn't really gelled.

apollokre1d said:
Disco said:
Pip1968 said:
I did not watch the Chris Harris show as it sounded in the advertisement like a 'How did they do that?' show.

Harris takes the Ariel Nomad around the TG track and Rory visits Sabine's place in Barweiller (it is down the road from Nurburg). Either slot could have been inserted into the main programme. Plus a bit of banter in the studio and the usual fillers of course. Worth a look IMHO.

Agreed, for me that was the main event.
Ditto.

Just finished watching BBC3 TG Extra and thought it was ten times more 'watchable' and enjoyable than the main show. I think Rory does an extremely good straight/anchor job for Sabine and Chris

Trouble with shite is we get used to it and "think" its getting better when actually IT IS SHITE.
Clarksons spiel with Evans voice , utter desperation !!

anybody been watching the latest top gear usa series?

youll hate it if you dont like american muscle but ***** yeah

To me it continued the old format but did not execute it as well. I liked Extra Gear as there seemed more natural enthusiasm and performance.

On the basis of this first show, Evans is trying to replicate Clarkson rather than make it his own show. A missed opportunity.

GT4 said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
Evans has attempted to defend the show on Twitter quoting viewer stats etc. I think he is being a bit quick - next week will probably be a whole different story....

My money is on 3 MM.

Where do I go to collect my winnings?

I had a pound a point on my spread bet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36458510

The audience for the latest episode of Top Gear dropped by more than a third, compared with last week's series debut.

An average of 2.8 million viewers tuned in to the second show of the new series on Sunday evening - 1.6 million fewer than the first episode.

• chrisevans310516.jpg

Fans complain that new TV show not like old TV show they used to complain about

The new series of Top Gear has been met with anger as fans took to the internet to complain that the show was not like the version they used to complain about.

'I hated Chris Evans's new Top Gear because it was so scripted and staged ,' complained forum regular permanentvirgin14. 'Why couldn't it be more like the old show, which I hated because it was so scripted and staged.'

'I don't know where to begin with complaining about the new show,' said online commenter friendlessITconsultant86. 'It made me long for the return of Clarkson, Hammond and May so I can go back to complaining about them instead.'

'I will not be watching this new Top Gear again,' added Twitter user @blackclothesnomates5000 .'Except for every show in this and subsequent series'.'

http://sniffpetrol.com/category/news/#.V1igQo-cEaE

GT4 said:
  • chrisevans310516.jpg

Fans complain that new TV show not like old TV show they used to complain about

The new series of Top Gear has been met with anger as fans took to the internet to complain that the show was not like the version they used to complain about.

'I hated Chris Evans's new Top Gear because it was so scripted and staged ,' complained forum regular permanentvirgin14. 'Why couldn't it be more like the old show, which I hated because it was so scripted and staged.'

'I don't know where to begin with complaining about the new show,' said online commenter friendlessITconsultant86. 'It made me long for the return of Clarkson, Hammond and May so I can go back to complaining about them instead.'

'I will not be watching this new Top Gear again,' added Twitter user @blackclothesnomates5000 .'Except for every show in this and subsequent series'.'

http://sniffpetrol.com/category/news/#.V1igQo-cEaE

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

To be honest, I didn't think it was all that bad. I do think some people desperately want it to fail.

My biggest two thoughts were that (a) CE wasn't given the chance to make it his own format and he does look like he's fenced in by the old format but (b) more generally he's looking increasingly uncomfortable on TV - I like him on Radio2 but when I saw him on the one show (not something I make a habit of I might add) he seemed uncomfortable there too; much happier in a TGI setting.

I thought the second episode seemed better, quite enjoyed watching it tbh - perhaps down to P-car content and with his musical friends around him perhaps starting to break out of the old format - and can't help wonder whether it might improve over time.

And no, I didn't vote so it wasn't me :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back