Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Advice

csim1966

Good Morning

I am looking for any positive OPC service experiences from the Midlands. I live in Staffordshire but don't mind driving out an hour or so - just an excuse to get a bit out on the road.

My 997 C4S needs to go in for a service, warranty extension and some small other add-ons.

I'm sure this topic has been covered many times - couldn't find anything recent - so if you've got any inputs on OPCs where you'd feel comfortable leaving your car that would be very valuable. Keen too hear your responses on any of the Midlands based centres.

Many thanks

Loko said:
Nottingham OPC have always done me proud.

Me too, always been happy with their service.

MC

Depending where in Staffordshire you are? Run to Cheshire and Wimslow OPC, i've always found then helpful, had 111 check and warranty renewal done there, did a few jobs under warranty as well.

I only use Chester OPC right next to Cheshire Oaks. Wilmslow is nearest, but not one I use.

Give David Joyce a ring at either Sutton Coldfield or Wolverhampton. I had a message off the Center Principal the other day stating that due to demand they will remain open and operate out of both sites. I've used them for well over a decade and I still get them to pick from car up & bring it me back once they've completed what they have to do. They are absolutely on the button for customer service.

cheshire911 said:
I only use Chester OPC right next to Cheshire Oaks. Wilmslow is nearest, but not one I use.

Wilmslow is closer to myself as well, however it's not been pleasant on both occasions to Wilmslow. By all means try them & see how you get on. Trial and error + advice + recommendations = answer :thumb:

A colleague enquired about fixed price servicing for his 996 Turbo at OPC Bolton - part of the same group as Wilmslow and Sutton Coldfield (Stratstone/Pendragon) and when he enquired about courtesy car, he was surprised to hear they don't give a Porsche as a courtesy car. Not sure if this is a Group-wide policy (very likely) for the Stratsone/Pendragon Group or the decision of OPC Bolton.

Customer Service as MNC911 states has been good from his experience, but do you want to drop off a Porsche and drive out in a Micra or worse still a Skoda Yeti?

MNC911 - I also did not like Wilmslow when I approached them 4 years back. I hear that the obnoxious bar steward who 'dealt' with me has 'left the Company'. But as they say in Corporate life - it takes years to build a reputation and seconds or one interaction with a customer to dismantle it and of course the cliche: "they don't get a second chance to make a first impression!"

Nuff said. I know they have some very loyal customers in R5 PCGB and for those customers they must be doing something right.

cheshire911 said:
A colleague enquired about fixed price servicing for his 996 Turbo at OPC Bolton - part of the same group as Wilmslow and Sutton Coldfield (Stratstone/Pendragon) and when he enquired about courtesy car, he was surprised to hear they don't give a Porsche as a courtesy car. Not sure if this is a Group-wide policy (very likely) for the Stratsone/Pendragon Group or the decision of OPC Bolton.

Customer Service as MNC911 states has been good from his experience, but do you want to drop off a Porsche and drive out in a Micra or worse still a Skoda Yeti?

Whilst not Porsche related, I once had to suffer the ignominy of dropping off My TVR Tuscan and driving around for two weeks in a three cylinder Perodua that Str8Six used as their courtesy cars. Great company though.

I just bought a used 997 from a dealer in Manchester and he had the car serviced at OPC Wilmslow. When I drove the car home the flexi pipe that goes from the top of the inlet pipes to the Air mass meter had been removed at some point and on refitting 'someone' had forgotten to tighten the jubilee clip that holds it on, it blew off on the way home and whilst I got home it was a pain to diagnose. Silly mistake but that's what most mistakes are!

:drink: that's precisely the point, OPC should be the pinnacle of who looks after your Porsche. If idle mistakes are being made and the only reprimand is a ribbing in the cafeteria off your work colleagues it doesn't inspire employees to be diligent with something that has the potential to unfold in an expensive repair, customer experience, poor reviews attack to the business or ultimately the serious nature of a crash.
When an employee signs off the work as complete that's a big responsibility to say that vehicle has had the work completed and is safe to drive & has to carry full investigation & accountability if & when things go wrong.

I use Wilmslow and I have had 99% excellent service from them. Only one guy was poor to me and he's no longer there (that was a couple of years ago).

I live closer to Chester OPC but wouldn't use them again as I had very poor service/treatment on multiple occasions.

Reference courtesy cars, from Stratstone (Wilmslow) I have had plenty of Porsche courtesy cars from them. I have also had on occasion a Mercedes. If you book it in early enough and specify a Porsche you'll usually get one.

cheshire911 said:

OPC Bolton use Porsche or Mercedes courtesy cars. I know this from experience rather than heresay or a wild imagination.

If you want to drive a Micra or worse still a Skoda Yeti you can go to their respective dealerships or buy your own.

Just commenting for the sake of it, Amit. I know you thrive on it. ;-)

csim1966 said:
Good Morning

I am looking for any positive OPC service experiences from the Midlands. I live in Staffordshire but don't mind driving out an hour or so - just an excuse to get a bit out on the road.

My 997 C4S needs to go in for a service, warranty extension and some small other add-ons.

I'm sure this topic has been covered many times - couldn't find anything recent - so if you've got any inputs on OPCs where you'd feel comfortable leaving your car that would be very valuable. Keen too hear your responses on any of the Midlands based centres.

Many thanks

Thank you all for your input and recommendations :worship: :worship: :worship:
My nearest OPC's are Nottingam and Sutton Coldfield both with favourable reviews :) :) Has anybody had any experience with OPC Leicester they could share

many thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back