Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Slate grey with black wheels

coullstar

Okay Im looking at maybe getting some new wheels as I don't want to paint originals.

Was thinking maybe something different as well but looking at the Victor Innsbruck in matt black.

Any examples of matt black mesh style wheels on dark grey 911's or thoughts on this?

As said Id keep originals for resale time and I want to retain 18's for ride/handling. The good thing is the Victors are a good 2.5kg lighter per wheels as well.

coullstar said:
Something like this -

Quite like it and don't normally like black wheels.
Yes they do look awful. Like they are dirty all the time. Sure it's a fashion that will fade, bit like tattoos

That's a positive for me, so you don't see the brake dust. I normally do like a bit of definition between wheel and tyre, thought about colour matched to car but unsure on that. I don't like the smei polished finish of the silver ones though.

Black wheels look good on the correct car/style IMO.

Didn't think I'd go for black wheels (prejudice due to maxpower corsas and the like) until I was able to see a direct comparison between silver, graphite and black. The visual impact from the contrast with the GT silver body and picking up the black sills, grills and my case, the hood, made black the stand out choice. There's plenty of history in Porsche for black wheel and polished rims and I like a polished silver rim to separate the tyre from the wheel, but there is a price to pay, the slightest ding means a refurb, no smart repair on a polished rim :x

Mine are glossy black which look great when clean, the details of the wheels are still seen rather than lost in dull black, but if I were doing it again I'd consider satin for a more modern look. In my experience whilst you might not see black brake dust, you often see red disc rust or a grey film from hot wheels getting wet so they're no easier to keep clean than silver wheels :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back