Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is owning a Porsche normally a PITA?

Apart from the rattles, everything else you mention is part and parcel of owning a performance sportscar. What do you mean by 'got hit' with service and maintenance. These are fundamental to keeping the car running.
Tyres? The are a consumable (and essential) item on any car.

Sounds to me like you maybe weren't mentally prepared for owning a high performance car.

I have also serviced my car twice in 12 months and replaced all 4 tyres recently. Didn't even give it a thought.

Stone chips and dings will happen, but a big part of this is how you care for the car. Where you park it? Where you leave it on the street? Do you take it to shopping centres (big no no for me).

Hope you can put these things aside and start enjoying the experience because they are amazing cars.

What do you mean by 'got hit' with service and maintenance. These are fundamental to keeping the car running.
Tyres? They are a consumable (and essential) item on any car.

Sounds to me like you maybe weren't mentally prepared for owning a high performance car.

I have also serviced my car twice in 12 months and replaced all 4 tyres recently. Didn't even give it a thought.

:?: (shoe string or the price of Turtle Wax comes to mind) :?:

I wouldn't buy it, FPSH indicates it's been looked after :thumb:

The more I defence park and try my best to avoid scratches and dings the more they happen :sad:

Latest is next doors cat sitting on the GT2's roof and spoiler...so what/no big deal perhaps but he has lightly scratched the o/side wing as he bounds up on top.

The wife has been talking about getting a Morgan aero8 but I already know what it's paintwork would look like within a year....so no thanks.

Some of us are just unlucky when it comes to keeping a car pristine....join the club.

wizard993 said:
The more I defence park and try my best to avoid scratches and dings the more they happen :sad:

Latest is next doors cat sitting on the GT2's roof and spoiler...so what/no big deal perhaps but he has lightly scratched the o/side wing as he bounds up on top.

Some of us are just unlucky when it comes to keeping a car pristine....join the club.

next doors cat nearly ruined my audi tt years ago. With the right hump i purchased this cat deterent beeper mains fed black box of tricks , it actually worked on the main culprit and the cat f8cked off . But then new neighbours across the street moved in with a deaf cat and the black box was useless on that thing.

i have heard lion p8ss keeps cats away but how the hell you obtain that i dont know

at the op ....get your best pal to sit in the back of the car as you drive along and try and identify which loose part is rattling. Find it deal with it then repeat the process. So far we have remedied a loose sun visor and seat belt top adjuster.both 2 minute easy fixes.

dont give up on the car yet fella, hang in there and enjoy

I've had a 911 by my side for 20 years. Compared to the rest its cheap !!

That's why I still own one.

The greatest car ever.

wizard993 said:

I know what you mean, it breaks my heart when it happens. But the older I get the more I'm able to be philosophical about it. I've tried running bangers for a few years, which is fine, but it's worth it all to drive a 911 every day :)

Cheers
Mark

pancobalt said:
next doors cat nearly ruined my audi tt years ago. With the right hump i purchased this cat deterent beeper mains fed black box of tricks , it actually worked on the main culprit and the cat f8cked off . But then new neighbours across the street moved in with a deaf cat and the black box was useless on that thing.

i have heard lion p8ss keeps cats away but how the hell you obtain that i dont know

Apparently it's Wolf P*ss you need: https://www.predatorpeestore.com/cat-repellent.html :bandit: A bit pricey mind but I suppose there's danger money involved when trying to squeeze that out of an alpha male!

Well I was aware of the costs involved in running these cars but ending up with dents and scratches from people who should bloody well know to look after the car is a different matter.

The dents in the rear arches are too small for paintless dent repair so the only option is to repaint, official bodyshop estimate is £800-1000 to repair the damage, I am pretty pissed off to say the least.

Gottans said:
Well I was aware of the costs involved in running these cars but ending up with dents and scratches from people who should bloody well know to look after the car is a different matter.

The dents in the rear arches are too small for paintless dent repair so the only option is to repaint, official bodyshop estimate is £800-1000 to repair the damage, I am pretty pissed off to say the least.

Dents too small? Doesn't sound right to me. If just had a tiny dent removed from the rear wing of my car by these guys:

http://dentmagician.co.uk

Great service as well. :thumbs:

Touch wood (have a trip to Le Mans coming up!), I've had mine for over 3 years and covered around 9k miles now since purchase and no major issues.

My passenger seat sometimes shakes slightly, but nothing major. The odd usual creak/rattle, but nothing long lasting/too annoying.

Service and tyres are to be expected, but as Mark Pearce said to me before I purchased 'it's not what you spend on a car, it's what it will cost you in the first 6-12 months' - given my low miles/use, I did not need to service for 2 years and only now coming up to changing the tyres.

Bodywork stuff is partly down to the design and part down to how/where you use it.

All cars will cost you bucks to maintain and run. Cars such as ours, more than some, but not excessive in my opinion.

Hopefully you can get your head around this, or consider a change for while.... But you may be itching to come back.....! :grin:

Many cars can be a PITA, I had some issues with the 7mm spacers that 'everyone' said would be OK, but they weren't at all, and that sucked when it's 36c outside and you're swapping rims for the third bloody time.

On another forum, when something goes wrong, the owner just posts a single phrase. ****ing MINIs. :sad: And yet, we have had owners who have blown up engines, and there are many owners who have returned to the fold after selling up - sometimes just after a few days, sometimes after a couple of years.

FRZ 911 said:
pancobalt said:

Apparently it's Wolf P*ss you need: https://www.predatorpeestore.com/cat-repellent.html :bandit: A bit pricey mind but I suppose there's danger money involved when trying to squeeze that out of an alpha male!

The deaf cat got feline revenge eh :floor: :thumb:

.....and yes they don't like lions piss(avail in B&Q) @£9.99 :thumb:

Or if they are out of stock - try this as it works just as well

Attachments

• image_970.jpeg
    image_970.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,013

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member