Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AIB Insurance Thank YOU!

DaveH911 said:
I made a point of making sure the Mrs tried AIB at the time of renewal. She was quoted 300 quid a year more than Admiral (existing insurer) on our 997 turbo. Driving for 27 years, no points, no claims, parked in an alarmed brick garage. Not as competitive as we had hoped. :nooo:

I had been using the big-brand insurers seeking out the best price each year and had been with Admiral multi-car for past couple of years, so know how competitive their premiums are.

You may have done this, but it's worth comparing the policies closely. The policy I now have with AIB is clearly aimed at high-performance/high-value cars, most important for me was agreed value, free choice of repairers, option to waive the excess in lieu of a courtesy car, included uk/european breakdown and we are fully-comp when driving other cars.

More expensive for my 911, but better value for money to me. I added wife's Volvo too and it was pretty much the same premium as with Admiral multi-car for the Volvo, with all those added benefits.

Nimrod said:
I had a good quote from AIB last week for two 993 and no requirement to garage both cars or trackers, I intend to speak to them again this week about valuations and the cost to put or other cars on the policy but so far very impressed.

The only negative was no track day cover though I would probably not use it much anyway.

Thanks for your kind comments.......

Don't pat yourselves on the back too much, tired to get a quote the other week and despite a few calls and a promise of "we'll get a price and come back to you" I heard nothing else?

Presume AIB couldn't beat the fully comp policy renewal price as quoted even though I've now managed to slashed the renewal on separate policies this year by well over £150 with a well known supermarket brand.

Interestingly we had been with Admiral on multicar for the last 6 years or so...

Moral of this story is shop about people, there's no reward with loyalty in this game :hand:

Just make sure you get legal cover, just my 2p worth

:thumb:

MisterCorn said:
They couldn't beat my Classicline quote for my NSX which has just been renewed with Classicline. When I took out my CSL Insurance with AIB I was told that they would be able to do a special price on other cars as they have policies for multiple cars and can make the payments easier. When it came round to renewal they would only insure it if the car was kept in the garage, and the equivalent policy was still more expensive than Classicline. I ended up going with Classicline with a policy which means I can keep the car on the drive.

MC

Just for future reference, who are you with?

TIA

GT4 said:
MisterCorn said:
They couldn't beat my Classicline quote for my NSX which has just been renewed with Classicline. When I took out my CSL Insurance with AIB I was told that they would be able to do a special price on other cars as they have policies for multiple cars and can make the payments easier. When it came round to renewal they would only insure it if the car was kept in the garage, and the equivalent policy was still more expensive than Classicline. I ended up going with Classicline with a policy which means I can keep the car on the drive.

MC

TIA

Dunno. Admiral?

Robertb said:
GT4 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

TIA

Dunno. Admiral?

With respect, not only have you not moved the conversation on in terms of any confirmatory information regarding my original forum query, but you have also boorishly interjected in what was a direct question to Mister Corn, Esquire.

I'll thank you to keep you unhelpful contributions (and I use the term in its losest sense), to yourself.

Good day, Sir.

Re: AIB

TomH said:
I can thoroughly endorse the service provided by AIB. We recommend them to our customers and I've used them myself for my own personal cars. I've dealt with Darren there who has been excellent.

Tom 911Virgin

Thanks for your kind comments Tom, which will be passed on to Darren

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back