Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBC 4 8pm Group B Rallying

mzmini

BBC 4 80s group B rallying a blast from the past from an era when men were men and sheep were scared :driving:

Could the narrator be any more negative or disparaging?

Thanks for the heads up!
Really enjoyed that, took me right back to my more competitive rallying days :cloud9:

slight highjack

was watching a modern day rally yesterday on one of the channels no idea which channel and no idea what rally!

But what struck me was the coverage - now they are using drones, much better I thought .

Some fantasic aerial shots following the cars.

The BBC programme is on iplayer for the next 6 days.

Think I'll watch it on the train tomorrow.

There can't be much new/unshown footage of that era, so I'm expecting something akin to one of the several Duke (I think?) DVDs

I did that programme a disservice - it is actually very very good indeed.

The build up to the launch of the S4 and the previous and ensuing tragedies was very dramatic.

It reminds me that if I could have just one car in my garage, it would be an S4.

Anyhow it's available on iPlayer for a few more days only.

arry said:
Could the narrator be any more negative or disparaging?

Absolutely agree. Quite disappointing that there was this constant morose undertone to the whole programme that marred what would otherwise have been great. It just seemed to be a whole show working towards group B's ultimate demise instead of focussing more on the utterly crazy and at times seriously impressive cars and drivers/co-drivers.

I agree that the S4 was cracking. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back