Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 991 turbo s or gen 2 carrera s

Nutsucow said:
T8 said:
Nutsucow said:
Anyone here driven or own a 991 gen 2? If so what are your thoughts please.

My thoughts => http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111351&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stick

Wow, fantastic write up.

I to have done 2 Porsche silverstone days 2 weeks ago, fist one being driving the black 997 gt3 followed by the White gt2, then followed up on the 2nd visit driving the 991 gt3 non stop for 90 minutes in anger!

and ur thoughts?

The 997 gt3 I drove was manageable,the gt2 on the other hand was a bit of a brut when the boost comes on its a bit savage! one I would not like to get unstuck on a damp or wet track. I was told that particular gt2 is a pre production car and will be crushed when they finish with it?!

The 991 gt3 on the other hand was ballistic past 6000rpm to 9000rpm it sounded awesome,and very rewarding if you were willing to drive it on the limit. Ideal track day weapon bar the Rs which I have not driven.

They have an orange one there and it looks steroid induced!

Gen 2 on ordered

After much more thought I have opted to stick with the new order.

I have changed colour combinations several times from reds to greys along with different interiors too, so as it stands at the moment I have stuck my neck out and ordered the brash looking Miami blue along with Matt black alloys, sports design mirrors with high gloss,black leather with red belts to match break calipers,and a load more overly priced extras..

There's one one extra I have ordered which I would like some advise on is the lowered package 20mm I think it's 10mm over standard S though, has anyone experienced the difference between the two? As the salesman on first visit advised against it and then on second visit said he had spoke with a gen 2 owner who said there was hardly any difference?!?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back