Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RaceGlaze Water Filter

askgeez

I actually enjoy washing cars, always have since a kid. I am a right sucker for decent shampoo, clay bars, DA polisher etc
All the gear .... A little bit of an idea :)

Wanted to share what is possibly the best thing I have bought yet.

No point typing out all the science behind it, but encourage you to read this

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care...-filters/car-wash-water-filter-14-litre-tall/

I stupidly own two black cars...purgatory trying to wash at best of times
Let alone a summers day

1 Wash car as usual (2 bucket method ! :lol: )
2 Rinse off with hose
3 Rinse (sparingly) with filtered water
4 Walk away

NO touching with chamois , drying towels , nothing
:hand: if you're not touching it, you aren't rubbing paint.

I experimented by leaving water on car, and when I came back hours later.
It was basically dry and no water stains or rings

Proper filthy after Dinslaken trip

See how water has beaded on paint, it dried and left no marks at all :thumbs:

No product on that at all, no glaze or wax:

Mine is black also and the water spot issue has always annoyed me. Really wanted to try one of these, which size did you go for?

I also have one of these type of filters , I bought the 0ppm version and belive that this is quite possibly one of the best bits of kit out there in the car care world.
I also have 2 black cars and the post wash rinse leaves the paintwork with no spotting whatsoever..! Amazing....and hard to believe .. ( pisses me off when it rains later and actually deposits all the atmospheric dust on the car)

I had deliberated over buying one of these for years and had progressed from Chios leather to plush towels , to using a post wash spray called 'wet coat ' by Gyeon.. (Actually this is very good also) But this filter rinse takes away the need for all of that ....

It depends on the quality of your wax coat on the car though ....as this is essentially what is on show ..

I need to get a set up on my hoses now that makes the final rinse a one disconnection an reconnection between my pressure washer( for the snow foam phase ) and the filter rinse.

I imagine that when the filter particles begin to lose their efficiency I will buy a new one and connect them In series , this will improve the ppm going into the 2nd filter and assist the life cycle of the new one ....

In summary , I agree with Askgeez , these are tremendous bits of kit!

Terry

I used these filters a fare time ago and thought they were very good.
I then moved onto an 'RO' system which worked out cheaper.
Superb the way it leaves the car with hardly any water marks!
:thumb:

Quite true. I saved a small fortune from using those sites :thumb:

jonttt said:
Ah reverse osmosis, reminds me of my fish keeping days :thumb:

Re the filters just go onto a professional window cleaning website and save yourselves some dosh, same kit only cheaper....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=653

Jon ... There is a whole section in the FAQ that explains why this is better than the window cleaners water system

My window cleaner gave me about 20litres to try, as I thought same thing. It's definitely not the same, and made little difference

jonttt said:
Ah reverse osmosis, reminds me of my fish keeping days :thumb:

Re the filters just go onto a professional window cleaning website and save yourselves some dosh, same kit only cheaper....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=653

I agree, it was a discussion with my window cleaner that convinced me to try the filter , then afterwards he told me that he could get me all the materials at much better prices , so that's the next step , try his equipment adapted for my set up...

T

I agree in that there are different quality ones as with all products, which is why I went for a high capacity professional unit much cheaper than the raceglaze.

Re quality all I can say is I use it on two full height bay windows which are exposed to full sun and allow to dry naturally and they are cleaner than I can get with a squeegie. I now rinse a black full fat range Rover and black phantom with it with no streaking ie two of the hardest cars to look streak free with no problems.

I'm not arguing which product is technically better, what I'm saying is at a certain point of quality the difference makes no difference in the real world :thumb:

Ah.... I understand now :thumb:

I bloody hate washing our black Range Rover :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back