Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any previous R8 owners

Well that looks like it wont be happening, clearly someone offered him more money, I thought a handshake was a sealed deal !!! Appeaers he sold it to someone for more money and told me his sister sold it to we buy any car !!! they offered like 38K, still i found a 630hp GTR for 40k in black so off to look that tomorrow.

Yep JD it is in my world :nooo:

JohnnyDangerous said:
Well that looks like it wont be happening, clearly someone offered him more money, I thought a handshake was a sealed deal !!! Appeaers he sold it to someone for more money and told me his sister sold it to we buy any car !!! they offered like 38K, still i found a 630hp GTR for 40k in black so off to look that tomorrow.

Disappointing... though I suspect a GTR will be much more readily tune-able and technologically interesting.

The plot thickens, thr GTR is having front stonechips remedied and isnt at the Bristol site till thurs (miles from me), on thurs I have to deliver a car that takes me past Bristol on a trailer, like its meant to be LOL, guybn is flying from Ireland friday to buy the gtr but like salesman said first with cash owns it.

So guys R35 Litchfield tuned stage 4 620+ hp or stock R8??? Help, Ive found 2 other R8's

620 hp GTR sounds a lot more fun to me! Worth checking out at least if you are passing by?

Gtr is a step on again from the R8 in terms of technology and tune ability but think they are a bit of a soulless car to drive.

Stock R8 JD all day long it's a head turner :D

mzmini said:
Stock R8 JD all day long it's a head turner :D

Yeah but a lot of people laugh and ask if ive become a hairdresser.............or gay the Mrs hates it and said save a bit of money and just get a TT.

Well JD I would be more than happy to retrain as a hairdresser if i could afford an R8 I was looking a Boxster last week in Wimborne and the dealer had one in the showroom at 99k nice bit of kit
cheers happy hunting
MZ :thumb:

mzmini said:
Well JD I would be more than happy to retrain as a hairdresser if i could afford an R8 I was looking a Boxster last week in Wimborne and the dealer had one in the showroom at 99k nice bit of kit
cheers happy hunting
MZ :thumb:

Think Ill go R35 if I dont like it will prob be V10 R8, nothing wrong with Boxster, you see loads at Pride in Brighton :?:

:floor: its for the BOSS

The closest I came to buying an R8 was test driving a v8 before taking the plunge on the 997 turbo.

Coming from a 996 4s, I can relate that the R8 is generations ahead of the 996 inside.

What sold the 997 for me was at the time, the v8 & 997 turbo were around the same price, so it was a no brainer after driving the turbo!

I always said that I would swap back to an R8 when i got too old to handle the turbo...

:thumb:

GTR is still a Datsun............ :grin:

still i can rob some parts for my navara......

Which one holds it's value better ? If they are both the same then go for the Mid engined R8. Most people wouldn't look twice at the GTR if they were parked next to each other. There is probably no real difference in a 0-60 race either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back