Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo S Ordered & First Post!!

Nice. Good call.

I've also been considering the McL 570 (GT not the S). Went to a demo day for it at Millbrook a couple of weeks ago and was pretty impressed.

But after spending a couple of hours this week at the Porsche Experience Centre driving the new Turbo S, I also think I've come around to this car over the 570. Like you, I want it as an everyday drive and as an all round package I think the Porsche is a better proposition.

I'm surprised that your dealership has quoted you an 11mth lead time tho as I have been indicated a shorter one that that.

Only downside for me with the Turbo is the sound which is part of the reason I joined up to this forum, in order to check out the discussion on OEM exhausts...

Whilst I love Sapphire Blue (my Maserati looked awesome in similar Sophisticato Blue) you've goota love the Miami Blue.

That would be my choice, with black wheels/trim. :thumb:

Hello mate. Despite my posts on another forum I think Sapphire Blue is gorgeous and will complete a stunning car!

Admire your patience.. 11 month wait👍

I got my Sapphire Blue with black wheels C4S just 6 months ago and I still get a warm glow every time I walk past it (and a hugely bigger one when I drive it).

On a dull day like today, the blue is just another blue - but when the sun comes out, it seems to develop a deep lustre which is just amazing. Sapphire Blue really suits the wide body 991 in my (totally unbiased opinion). I've never once regretted my choice of color.

Its a very small world... from many years myself of RS246.com, Welcome!

Hopefully mine doesn't turn into an 11 month wait... you've picked a great colour though (although I'm biased). I was torn on the exterior between that and Miami blue, but i went for sapphire (with Graphite Blue / Crayon leather), for my mere Carrera. Hopefully mine is 1st September.

6appeal said:
Its a very small world... from many years myself of RS246.com, Welcome!

Hopefully mine doesn't turn into an 11 month wait... you've picked a great colour though (although I'm biased). I was torn on the exterior between that and Miami blue, but i went for sapphire (with Graphite Blue / Crayon leather), for my mere Carrera. Hopefully mine is 1st September.

It is indeed. Can you when possible post plenty of photos as that was my initial colour combo. Not seen Graphite/Crayon interior in the wild yet but I know it's very different to the configurator so very keen to see it in real life. My heart is saying Sapphire with Graphite/Crayon but very hard to judge the combo without seeing it.

Is one of the reasons I chose it... As haven't seen one yet. I like to be a bit different... Always a risk, but from the physical samples I've seen I like it and is my preference to what else is available, without going too radical.

I noticed that in the June edition of 911 & Porsche Magazine, the editor photo has the interior colour combo pictured in the 911 he's driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back