Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design 911

cbr6dc

Montreal
Have to admit I'm impressed. They use DPD who are spot on!

Ordered brakes and delivered on time etc when they said, e-mailed at each stage. Perfect.

Ordered the oil but wasn't going to be in when they were due to deliver on Tuesday so rearranged a pick up from local Halfords which was brilliant as only 1mile up road as opposed to the depot which I was expecting to be 15 miles away. So cool stuff....

Couldn't get a slot before Tuesday. Oh well, not that bothered.

Then they text me this morning it is at my local Halfords ready to be picked up! Mega impressed!!

Well done to Design 911 and to DPD as well!

cbr6dc said:
Have to admit I'm impressed. They use DPD who are spot on!

Ordered brakes and delivered on time etc when they said, e-mailed at each stage. Perfect.

Ordered the oil but wasn't going to be in when they were due to deliver on Tuesday so rearranged a pick up from local Halfords which was brilliant as only 1mile up road as opposed to the depot which I was expecting to be 15 miles away. So cool stuff....

Couldn't get a slot before Tuesday. Oh well, not that bothered.

Then they text me this morning it is at my local Halfords ready to be picked up! Mega impressed!!

Well done to Design 911 and to DPD as well!

Great to hear about first class service in the country, as most of the time service is non existent in the uk .

Got to agree, use them all the time, been faultless.

Good website as well, lots of diagrams Etc, very informative.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
You ordered oil from them? :eek:

And.... Opie were a few quid cheaper but service was brilliant so they get my trade. :)

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Opie are very good and there is a discount code to get an extra 10%.

Do they use DPD? If not, not interested. ;)

cbr6dc said:
Chris_in_the_UK said:
Opie are very good and there is a discount code to get an extra 10%.

Do they use DPD? If not, not interested. ;)

Only trying to help - if you want to pay more for your preferred carrier then crack on.

You paid almost £20 for the privilege of collecting from Halfords

:floor:

I've ordered a couple of things from them over the years. Most recently was my centre GT2 radiator. Came without any issues.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Only trying to help - if you want to pay more for your preferred carrier then crack on.

You paid almost £20 for the privilege of collecting from Halfords

:floor:

No, I take on board all who tell me but I can't afford for things to not happen so I don't mind paying a few quid extra. I used a discount code and saved about a tenner. ;)

cbr6dc said:
No, I take on board all who tell me but I can't afford for things to not happen so I don't mind paying a few quid extra. I used a discount code and saved about a tenner. ;)

How would ordering from Opie (or anybody else) not allow things to happen?

Chris_in_the_UK said:
How would ordering from Opie (or anybody else) not allow things to happen?

Because I have experience with Design911 and not with Opie yet. As it's a one-off this year I'll pay a few quid for peace of mind. :)

I like an easy life lol.

Tried any biscuits apart from Farley's rusks?

Nope - because Farleys rusks you can't get in every shop.

I eat chocolate digestives which you can. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back