Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

D&G - north east independant - well recommended.

imp75

Some of you may recall my previous post about my fuel rail leaking, if you do, you 'll be pleased to know it's been sorted. And a few other things.....

D&G Motor Engineering, just around the corner from OPC Newcastle, have done a great job of replacing the fuel rail and an injector (which I supplied), replaced the ims bearing cover and rms seal, sorted the leaking cam covers, fixed a minor coolant leak, replaced the AOS, and gave me an honest no pressure appraisal of my clutch. poss did more too but I lose track of such things.....

I prob sent three or four emails a day to them for a fortnight asking about 'this, that and the other' and never got the impression from replies that I was getting on their nerves :)

For what I've had done (most of the extras due to the Engine being out of the car), I felt I'd been charged a very fair amount.

Anyway, I called in today after car refused to engage reverse - no appointment, but I was seen to straight away (they were working on a 996 turbo on one of the ramps at the time). I thought it might 've been something to do with the gearbox and engine being out of the car but turned out I had a broken cable retaining clip (not technical term - just can't remember what it actually was) under the car, I was allowed under the car once it was on the ramp so I could see what the issue was. Little bit of time and a couple of jubilee clips later I was on my way and all sorted.

Based on my experience, if you're in the north east you won't have any issues with these guys. Highly recommended!

Agreed ! :D Dean and Gary did my PPI in July, and have changed plugs, Drive belt and Clutch switch and a few other items since. I had the same good experience with a trail of emails first and then they did the work in a couple of hours, no problem at all. Well recommended.

Agreed ! :D Dean and Gary did my PPI in July, and have changed plugs, Drive belt and Clutch switch and a few other items since. I had the same good experience with a trail of emails first and then they did the work in a couple of hours, no problem at all. Well recommended.

They're great lads, me and a few of the 964 gang have used them since they started in business :)

Chris

Same here! Gary and Dean have looked after my Boxster S for the past three years. Top guys and I wouldn't use anybody else.

+1 :worship:
Got mine back from D&G yesterday after new clutch, RMS, IMS cover, plugs, coil packs, poly belt and some other bits n bobs. Based on the works carried out I got my minor service for free.
:thumb:
I also got a recommendation for some other works which would need to be done in the shorter term but also some reassurances there were no issues with other bits I thought may need attention.
They even dropped me off and picked me up from the Metro station, which is really handy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back