Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do I restore/code modules back via PIWIS2

calibra1010

Hi I ordered a PIWIS 2 kit a couple of weeks ago. I finally got round today to connecting it to car and having a play around for the first time and familiarising myself with the menus and functions. Ran through all the headings 1. Fault Memory 2. Actual Values input signals 3. Drive Links checks 4. Coding Adaptations 5. Maintenance repairs and 6. Programming.
And then I made a mistake, I was about to finish and out of curiosity I on the programming menu I selected Auto programming and ran it. It starting running but then the installation aborted. The cars modules seemed to have decoded itself. The electric rear spoiler retracted and what I can assume is the cooling fans are constantly on when the car ignition or engine is switched on.
I've rerun the scan but cannot see any modules on the car and I seem to have accidently wiped the modules. I have spent the remainder of today going through every single menu/option on the PIWIS to try and recode but have had not success in recoding/programming the modules back (I don't even have a working instrument cluster although the car engine starts and drives)
Does anyone have any advice on how I rectify this?
I am based in Leicester and would be willing to pay for someone to recode the modules. Help
I have a 2009 997.2

Reguarding the codes this link gives you an idear of the codeing options that you need to get ...

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/997.2/

One thing i totally forgot about was if your tester has the option to do a .. " Vehicle Handover " this may wake up the control units , if not mention it to your Indy.

Also i forgot to mention , if the car drives ( you have gears ) it will have a lot of dash messages and will be in limp home mode .. harsh gear change and low power.

Hi ive just been looking through my paperwork and have found the attached document. This list MNR numbers? does this look correct?
Would they need to activate the Gateway and then add these numbers (I think that was what we discussed)
Are any other numbers require i.e any of the numbers/details on the first page.

Demort said:
Reguarding the codes this link gives you an idear of the codeing options that you need to get ...

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/997.2/

One thing i totally forgot about was if your tester has the option to do a .. " Vehicle Handover " this may wake up the control units , if not mention it to your Indy.

Also i forgot to mention , if the car drives ( you have gears ) it will have a lot of dash messages and will be in limp home mode .. harsh gear change and low power.

Attachments

• porsche_911_info_edited_367.pdf
    173.6 KB · Views: 454
Yup that looks like it at the bottom of the list , that would go in maintenace of vehicle data ..

Give them all that paper work.

I posted above .. you could try a Vehicle hand over if thats listed on your tester and also im not sure if it will drive , need to see if you have gears .. i would have thought so but worth checking .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back