Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ridiculous question pondered many times ...

I noticed recently that the front sidelights weren't working. Turned out both bulbs had blown.

I was amazed how easy it is to pop-out the headlight clusters to get access to them. Amazingly good 'design for maintenence'. :)

After a year of ownership, the 996 went back to Hartech for it's service and MoT. It needed a new track rod end and, sadly (££££), a new tyre. But apart from that, no problems!

Great customer service from Hartech and still loving the car :D

Nice 4s you have there. I've had mine for nearly 2.5 years and it still presses my buttons every time I go near it. If mine develops any engine issues, it will be shipped up to Hartech for a rebuild. I'm keeping it forever. :D

Cockenzie

kevinbuckley70 said:
I promise, this will be the last pic ...

Longniddry bents, a road with a nice few corners......and a good place to stop and eats your supper from Gullane chippy!

Enjoy.....

Car still going well except for a couple of niggly things.

Had the aircon regassed last week and now the compressor has started to whine when it's on. Maybe it will heal itself...

For a long time, occasionally, the clutch squeals when pulling away. The arrival of a new dashcam has allowed me to capture this. Any thoughts what it might be? Listen at 0:08 and 0:47.

https://youtu.be/mAOz18Q96bk

Been camping a few times in the Porsche. It's a bit tight to get everything in but not too bad. On the 27th September night it's a 'supermoon total lunar eclipse' and I'm off to sit in a field in the Yorkshire Dales and pray for no rain so I can get some good pictures. So decided more storage was needed.

Roly at Exeter Roofracks (http://www.roofracks-roofboxes.co.uk) was brilliant at advising on the Thule parts which work and was happy to split two feet kits so that the box sits level. I got his details from elsewhere on this site. Purists look away now ...

Attachments

• roofbox_m2_187.jpg
    roofbox_m2_187.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 16,416
You`ve posted some nice pictures of your car but the roofbox does it now favours. :dont know:

Another year of fun driving, another service and MoT :eek:

Air-conditioning stopped working somewhere along the way and regassing it in the summer didn't really fix it, and it got noisy.

Still have the weird squeal on 'robust' pull-away (https://youtu.be/mAOz18Q96bk). Apart from that it all seemed OK ...

Hartech had it for a week and found that one of the air-con pipes had a leak - replaced, regassed and now all OK. The squeal may be the clutch, which is worn, but we decided OK for another year. Also had a worn track rod end - replaced. And both front side lights, which I replaced in Oct 2014, had gone again. Now replaced.

Ignition coil cover replaced. And a brake pipe which had a spot of corrosion replaced.

Plus major service and MoT.

All better now :) and just over five hundred quid (plus the monthly maintenance plan costs). Pretty happy with that!! Thank you Hartech.

It seems to drive much better now ... but maybe that's just my imagination.

Turned out, the clutch wasn't OK for another year :sad:

It's sitting on the drive waiting for a man and a trailer from Hartech to take it away and mend it!

Oh well, it would have needed doing anyway, and you were at home. At least it won't squeak anymore!

Expecting to get the car back on Saturday, with a new clutch and flywheel.

It's been nice driving the rented Hyundai i40 but ...

Clutch and flywheel replaced by Hartech. All OK now! :lol:

Attachments

• 20160409_101830m2_524.jpg
    20160409_101830m2_524.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 15,414
Changed the battery in the key fob and now the car ignores it. Nothing. Zilch.

The spare fob works OK. And the LED's on the original fob flash just the same as they do on the spare.

What magic incantation do I need to utter to make it work again?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back