Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car challenge - Young Drivers

DerbyJim

Imola
So, here's a bit of a challenge guys...

A colleague of mine I've taken under my wing is in need of his own car. At the moment he's got his heart set on a Focus Titanium but I'm thinking we could think of something a bit more quirky or simply an alternative to the Focus.

He's only passed his test approx a year ago.

He's over 6ft 2 so no superminis??

10k to spend though half of that is finance so not necessary need to spend it all!

He's got SP30 and the current quote to beat is £1,700!

Have a look at SEAT and Skoda. :?:

pzero said:
Have a look at SEAT and Skoda. :?:

Funnily enough, just looking at Seat at the mo.

So far I have:

Ford Focus (13 reg) - £2,025

Audi TT 1.8 (51 plate) - £3,794 (okay, I like em!)

Seat Ibiza 1.4 - £1,923

Honda Civic 1.4 - £2,450

Kia Rio 1.25 - £1,525

Jim, an odd choice perhaps but they are pretty big inside - what about a BWW Mini One 1.4? 94 BHP, pretty nippy and very reasonable to insure. Can look cool with right wheels, bonnet stripes, lamps etc - very Italian Job!

Daughter has one - she's 18, 1 yr NCD and Insurance is £800 fully comp.

Endex said:
Jim, an odd choice perhaps but they are pretty big inside - what about a BWW Mini One 1.4? 94 BHP, pretty nippy and very reasonable to insure. Can look cool with right wheels, bonnet stripes, lamps etc - very Italian Job!

Are they the same size as the Mini Cooper S?

DerbyJim said:
Endex said:

Are they the same size as the Mini Cooper S?
Jim - yes, exactly; we have one of those too as SWMBO's car and I drive it a lot. Great point to point car, good handling and easily able to cope with me, a stocky 6 footer.

Something a bit different....Insurance might be a problem but I had an MR2 SW20 turbo when I was at uni (overseas) and it's a blast to drive. Pretty cheap to maintain and will holds its value well if you don't buy a lemon. Am over 6ft 1 and never had height problems over 6ft 2 and it might be getting a little snug.

What about an e30 BMW. Been an air cooled Dan I'm not really into all this modern stuff.

We were chatting about the MR2 earlier as I had one in the past. I couldn't get Insurance for love nor money until I turned 25 though...

I think he needs something front wheel drive until his driving improves. The MR2 was pretty twitchy from recollection.

Yeah the MR2 was definitely a twitchy car and a challenge to push hard on the bends but fun in a straight line.

What about a Subaru Legacy?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back