Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

data only sim card

Mike911

How much data do I need to use real time traffic info and Google maps? Probably require it for 4 - 6 hours per week only.

Cheers

Mike

Mike911 said:
How much data do I need to use real time traffic info and Google maps? Probably require it for 4 - 6 hours per week only.

Cheers

Mike

You could start with a 500mb Gifgaf data sim, it's only 5 quid I think (lasts a month), they're easy to top up if you find yourself running out.

I think Google maps is pretty data efficient these days, as is Apple maps and Waze.. they use 'vector graphics' instead of downloading large data files... and I suspect the traffic info is pretty insignificant in terms of data usage.

You can monitor data usage per app (on an iPhone) by going to - General - Settings - Mobile Data... then scroll down to the app you want to check. I'm sure you can do the same on Android but I have no idea how.

Maybe check out Waze too, if you're interested in live traffic data... I find it to be incredibly accurate.

Data sim

Thanks for your advice. Will go ahead with your recommendation and let you know how well I get on.

Cheers

Mike

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back