Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Formula 1 Qualifying - whose idea was that?

PeterS said:
T8 said:
lofi said:
New qualifying scrapped. Good.

It didn't get voted through :sad:

The new format will remain until at least after the next race :evil:

Well I won't bother watching the next race qualifying then.

This is what needs to happen, switch off and they will have to sort it out.

They've changed it back to the old qualifying for the next race.

Interestingly, Horne was interviewed directly afterwards and he stated that when F1 gets it wrong, they as a group can stick their hand up and admit fault, and put it right.
RBR were one of the teams who blocked it.
Boring as watching bats sleep

Ok I just read that didn't happen even though they said they would revert after the first race. Oh dear.

So they're sticking with the "new" format for Bahrain. :nooo:

Completely lost sight of what the viewers/fans actually want to see. :sad:

DRZ911 said:

No they've slightly modified it. All the teams wanted to revert but even though they said they would at the race. Afterwards in a meeting that wasn't offered as a solution. Instead two alternatives were offered. The teams chose the least bad one. They will have the same for the first two sessions and revert to old one for Q3.

isysman said:
DRZ911 said:

No they've slightly modified it. All the teams wanted to revert but even though they said they would at the race. Afterwards in a meeting that wasn't offered as a solution. Instead two alternatives were offered. The teams chose the least bad one. They will have the same for the first two sessions and revert to old one for Q3.

100% correct. Apologies, I misread the quotation from Mark Webber in The Telegraph. Hopefully Q3 will deliver the excitement we all want to see.

DRZ911 said:
isysman said:
DRZ911 said:

100% correct. Apologies, I misread the quotation from Mark Webber in The Telegraph. Hopefully Q3 will deliver the excitement we all want to see.

Where have you seen this ?

Everything I've read suggests that Bahrain qualifying will be exactly the same as it was in Australia.

isysman said:
This is what I read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35896875

It's possible they will keep what happened in the first race if no agreement was met which is what this article seems to suggest.

Just watched your youtube videos isysman , 1 & 2 .. commitment and balls required to go all the way with that , just want to say its fantastic , subscribed :thumb: sorry for the thread hijack!

All very confusing indeed. :dont know:

As tomorrow is 1st April, an improved qualifying system will be introduced where grid positions will be determined by drawing straws. Bound to be more exciting than the fiasco in Australia. :floor:

Sorry to say, it is going to be the same clusterf**k as Oz.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35937850

The "Toad" aka Jean Todt offered 2 alternatives, return to 2015 Quali wasn't one of them. Drivers "letter" says it all, but does anyone in power actually see the URGENCY in finding a solution, or is the Ostrich syndrome too entrenched in them ?

The 'new' qualifying sounded ok/interesting, on paper.

Apparently the teams didn't want to use up an additional set of tyres, hence the lack of action in the last four minutes. Surely, giving them more tyres would sort that out.

From BBC- "That's because it led to an empty track for the last four minutes of the top-eight shootout as teams saved their tyres rather than do another lap."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35896875

Also, some of them seem to have been a little slow when it came to figuring out the 90-second thing... realising when it was too late, that they won't cross the line in time. A few facepalm moments for the teams there, when you consider the calibre of statisticians and strategy people they have.

I thought it had been changed for Bahrain ....... turned it on to watch ....... then saw it had not changed so didn't bother watching.

By the way who is the pratt with the tablet introducing ..... Will something or other ...... who the 'feck is he? what an absolute plonker.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back