Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Paint Protection Film

apollokre1d said:
pzero said:
£1680 for full front cover, that's PU, bonnet, wings and wing mirrors.
Five year warranty on product and fitting.

How does it work if your paint already has a few small scratches or even stone chips on it? I expect they would want that fixed before the protection film goes on?

You might need a conversation with whichever company you ultimately decide to go with but I'm sure they will be pointing out to you that the more pristine the finish on your car is then the better their product will look.

The film although very clever with self healing technology is also very thin. It won't disguise any imperfections, chips or scratches.

I had the front end re-sprayed (blown over) some weeks before the film application, this was something that I had planned to do and budgeted accordingly. If you go to the trouble of investing in something like Paint Shield or Topaz then you will want it look it's best.

At the end of the day if you want clean looking blemish free lines then it costs, either in regular (bi-annual?) paint or some form of paint protection.

pzero said:
apollokre1d said:
pzero said:
£1680 for full front cover, that's PU, bonnet, wings and wing mirrors.
Five year warranty on product and fitting.

How does it work if your paint already has a few small scratches or even stone chips on it? I expect they would want that fixed before the protection film goes on?

You might need a conversation with whichever company you ultimately decide to go with but I'm sure they will be pointing out to you that the more pristine the finish on your car is then the better their product will look.

The film although very clever with self healing technology is also very thin. It won't disguise any imperfections, chips or scratches.

I had the front end re-sprayed (blown over) some weeks before the film application, this was something that I had planned to do and budgeted accordingly. If you go to the trouble of investing in something like Paint Shield or Topaz then you will want it look it's best.

At the end of the day if you want clean looking blemish free lines then it costs, either in regular (bi-annual?) paint or some form of paint protection.

Agree with this...

I went to paintshield straight after I had the front end resprayed, glad I did as I've had it over a year, done several trips to Wales and the Alps in convoy with other cars (worst scenario to get stone chips, following several fat tyred cars in close proximity) and the front has no chips... Great product and great service!

I too have just ordered a new 4S. My previous car had stone chip film protection installed by Paintshield that was over 6 years a go and after that time is still looked very good. I received a quote today and offered 5% discount being a returning customer. I also read that Paintshield offers discount to members of this forum, does anyone know what this discount is?

Very impressed using them again on the new car!

I haven't ever used film, but is it really worth £1,700?? thats a lot of money.

£1700 is just to cover the front of the car, i think Topaz charge something like £4000 if you want the whole car protected.

6appeal said:
I haven't ever used film, but is it really worth £1,700?? thats a lot of money.

Yes it's worth it! I've learned the hard way! I had a front end respay about 2 years ago. It looked fantastic at the time. I do a lot of driving with Mazza and as in his above post his car is immaculate and mine currently resembles a colander. My car is going for paint in May and will be going straight to paintshield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back