Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

reg plate transfer advice

HSC911 said:
I was amazed this week.

I took a plate off online, on Wednesday afternoon.

New Log Book was on the floor mat on Friday and the Retention cert arrived on Saturday :eek:

Excellent stuff! :thumb:

Yep - very similar experience. Private plate removed online on Monday, V5 for assigned plate arrived Wednesday. New private plate assigned to car Wednesday, new log book arrives Saturday and in the meantime retention certificate for plate taken off the car is back with me... If i'd realised it was this simple I'd have done all this ages ago. The bit that has actually taken longest is getting new plates made up (eBay) and realising I'll need to order them again to get the acrylic faced plates i actually want!

And do you know the worst part?

Realising how they attach plates to your brand new car: Porsche has spent millions giving me the finest engineering available - Flat-6, PDK 'box, PTV, PASM and Porsche-TLA this that and the effing other, yet the number plates are attached by bodge-job after thought self tapping screws straight through the beautiful freshly painted PU. That is just bloody rubbish! Shameful stuff, Mr Porsche :judge:

T8 said:
I've just used the on-line service for the first time. It took me 4 minutes from start to finish and takes effect immediately.

After buying the car it only took 3 days for the V5 to arrive so I'm hoping to have the new one some time this week.

The new V5 arrived today.

i.e Transfer Monday, new V5 by Wednesday.

Very impressive service. :thumb:

ChrisT70 said:
Snowed again today so mot next weekend at the earliest. Can't do anything tilling taxed but hopefully it will be straightforward online I hope.

It is easy........

....much better than trusting them f**kwits with paperwork and a cheque. It took me 4 months to sort it out with them last time I used the postal method.

yes it turned out fine in the end, about a week for the transfer and V5 to come.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back