Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Reading great purchase experience

914Phil

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself and also log a positive experience with OPC Reading. I've just bought an '09 997 3.6 gen2 from them and can honestly say it was one of the best car purchase experiences I have had. I have owned a few of the marque in the past, including a 996 which I had to sell a few years ago due to a job change, this time I wanted to get into a 997 and started looking a few weeks ago. I went through the various opinions on gen1 v gen2, private v dealer and the various dealers against each other, and confess to getting quite dispirited during my search. I missed a few cars that I maybe should have bought by not being decisive enough and then decided to stretch the budget a little to get to a gen2 and the right car came up at Reading. They made me feel like I was buying one of the most expensive cars on offer not one of the "cheapest" and after a decent amount of haggling gave me what I think was a very fair deal. I collected the car yesterday and the car was prepared superbly and the team there couldn't do enough for me. I think we have all had our share of difficult experiences with OPC's so it seems only fair to acknowledge when they get it spot on. As for the car I'm loving it, the noise, the feel, the way that everything just falls to hand is pure 911 but it has a host of things which bring it very much up to date. Fingers crossed that she continues to delight and thank you to all on here who helped me with their knowledge and experiences whilst I was looking.
Cheers
Phil

Nice one Phil, sounds like you got a great car and great service from Reading OPC, and as you know you will get some stick for posting with no pics so let me be the first :useless: and I look forward to seeing some pics of your P&J :thumb: :grin: and hearing more on here from you in the future :thumbs:

Nice to hear of a good experience.

Although I've never bought a car off them, I've visited OPC Reading to buy bits and bobs and they've always been very good.

Even when I turned up in a rusty BMW on a rainy day, with some time to kill waiting for a friends bus to arrive up the road- I went in, made it clear I was just loitering but was offered drinks, had a good chat with a salesman who was a genuine enthusiast and made to feel generally welcome.

Enjoy the car, can you tell us more about it?

Congratulations on purchase get those pics up of it :thumbs:

GT4 said:
:welcome:
:useless:
Apologies just the one picture for now, will take some more tomorrow!

Attachments

• image_352.jpeg
    image_352.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 2,350
apollokre1d said:
914Phil said:
Apologies just the one picture for now, will take some more tomorrow!
Lovely colour 👍

I agree! :wink:

Enjoy :thumb:

Perfect! :thumb:

IMG_4792.JPG

Yes.

In fact they are they are also almost the lightest 19" wheel Porsche fit to any road vehicle, only pipped by the ultralight Boxster Spyder wheels (which are about 100g lighter per corner)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back