Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Y2K's arctic silver 2001 C2 3.4

T8 said:
:welcome: to911uk and to 911 ownership

She's certainly aged well for a 15 year old car.

The esteemed 'GT4' of this parish formerly had a same vintage, similarly aero-kitted car and coincidentally also supplied by Lindbrook/Tonbridge OPC.

Technically, mine was a "millennial" baby (MY "Y" 2000 Millennium Model)

So it had the commemorative monochrome steering wheel crest.

GT4-1.jpg

MSW996%20(Custom).jpg

Congratulations on the purchase of car , looks very nice indeed :thumbs:

Two really nice drivers' spec cars you have there. I have a turbo but would love a lightweight DC2 to complement it for thrashing and track days. Wish I owned one back in the day and can't now as they never sold them in Dubai. I've had a 2.2 vti prelude and S2000 and loved the engines in both. Total opposite to the turbo. Nearly bought another S2000 before the turbo as love revving out an engine but have to say the torque of the turbo is pretty addictive. I grew up playing Gran Turismo and have a soft spot for 90's Japanese cars.

Do you think you'll keep the DC2 now you have a drivers' spec 996 C2? Bit of a crossover in what they both excel at.

Looks fab, you have to love the GT3 kit! Great spec too.

Hi again,
If you seen it in September 14 that would have been with its new owner Henry (forum name Slippydiff), as I sold it to him in August '14. He did take it on a Scotland tour very soon after.

If you seen it in a P'heads thread it was probably my car history thread in the readers cars forum. P'heads made it thread of the day last year.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1477134

I miss that car. Not as much as my 964 Turbo but I still miss it, hence the reason I'll be aerokitting my C2 in due course.

I take it you were on a Scottish hoon back in Sep'14? What did you use for that? The Integra?

Phil 997 said:
Will you be using Brookspeed in Eastleigh ,they are my indy of choice. As your only 25 miles away and I have a business in Southampton so I am sure we will catch up at one or another meet. :grin: :thumb:

Thanks that's good to know. Where do you take your car for MOT please? Mine is due in June.

Yes I'll keep an eye out for any southern events.

@Mat59 - yes vtec and 8,400rpm is addictive!

I'd say the DC2 is closer to 'GT3 Comfort Spec' than to 'Carrera'. Meaning the DC2 is very capable on track even in standard form. My car is standard apart from baffled sump and JDM manifold (slightly larger than UKDM one). Just top up oil and it'll track all day.

My DC2 stays; it's my daily, track car and 'do-it-all' car; it's a bit tatty cosmetically but it's low maintenance and very reliable. Fantastic machine.

IMAG0052e.JPG

:floor: :eh!: :hand: what a donut :nooo:

@Marky - yes that's the PH thread. Great car history!

Yes visited the Highlands in Sept 14. Amazing roads and hope to go back soon.

_IMG_0523_27.JPG

_IMG_0570_27.JPG

Y2K said:
Phil 997 said:
Will you be using Brookspeed in Eastleigh ,they are my indy of choice. As your only 25 miles away and I have a business in Southampton so I am sure we will catch up at one or another meet. :grin: :thumb:

Thanks that's good to know. Where do you take your car for MOT please? Mine is due in June.

Yes I'll keep an eye out for any southern events.

@Mat59 - yes vtec and 8,400rpm is addictive!

I'd say the DC2 is closer to 'GT3 Comfort Spec' than to 'Carrera'. Meaning the DC2 is very capable on track even in standard form. My car is standard apart from baffled sump and JDM manifold (slightly larger than UKDM one). Just top up oil and it'll track all day.

My DC2 stays; it's my daily, track car and 'do-it-all' car; it's a bit tatty cosmetically but it's low maintenance and very reliable. Fantastic machine.

IMAG0052e.JPG

:floor: :eh!: :hand: what a donut :nooo:

@Marky - yes that's the PH thread. Great car history!

Yes visited the Highlands in Sept 14. Amazing roads and hope to go back soon.

_IMG_0523_27.JPG

_IMG_0570_27.JPG

Well stupidly I used the OPC for an MOT last time but that's a lesson learnt
cost twice as much and because they know the cars so well they failed it on something so minor and that had been on the car for several years meaning other MOT stations didn't fail it as they didn't know it wasn't stock.
I will probably use Brookspeed they have a guy round the corner but they will do any of the bits it needs etc.
or just use kwikfit as its only the MOT

^^^ Thank you. Not been in this area long so still searching for reputable place.

hi mate, sweet looking 996 :thumbs:

im also a previous corrado owner, had 3 over the years, ended up with one the same colour as yours, ice grey violet, bought it from Kev Haywire......it was a pretty sorted car, don't know if you'd seen it on the raddo forum, by the time i had it, Kev had fitted an R32 motor, LSD, slightly modified box, kwv3's, whole bunch of good stuff, she was an animal and now missed! sold it to get my 996 so not all bad!

this place is pretty good, lots of info available, enjoy :D

Nice car.

No lairy driving around Hampshire - people will think it's me!!

Y2K said:
^^^ Thank you. Not been in this area long so still searching for reputable place.

I and others on here rate Brookspeed highly, they know the cars and its not a grease monkey outfit .Labour prices are half the OPC . They don't try and rip you off with unnecessary added work. and the coffees quite nice while you look round their 991 Carrera cup cars.

:thumb: :grin:

http://www.brookspeed.com/czsdm5agn8dyl2zbhobuuwn69yzt5j

Cool pics and cool convoy! :thumb:

Also, you have to come off on track otherwise you aren't trying hard enough. :grin:

Cheers everyone.

Lj911 said:
hi mate, sweet looking 996 :thumbs:

im also a previous corrado owner, had 3 over the years, ended up with one the same colour as yours, ice grey violet, bought it from Kev Haywire......it was a pretty sorted car, don't know if you'd seen it on the raddo forum, by the time i had it, Kev had fitted an R32 motor, LSD, slightly modified box, kwv3's, whole bunch of good stuff, she was an animal and now missed! sold it to get my 996 so not all bad!

this place is pretty good, lots of info available, enjoy :D

I remember Kev's car from the forum! IIRC it was turbocharged before turning into R32. :thumb:

lol, i`m another corrado convert looking at getting a 996.... my old corrado was C5 OEM .......

scutler said:
lol, i`m another corrado convert looking at getting a 996.... my old corrado was C5 OEM .......

I remember C5 OEM from the forum with its BBS wheels. :)

Good luck with your search! Porsches seem to be natural progression for us ex-Corrado owners. My imaginary 'lottery garage' would include a blackberry Corrado VR6. 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back