Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm a bit excited today - deposit paid on new company car

488 GTO Speciale

It's gonna be 2019 by the time he tells us!

Get Terry back as quizmaster- far better host!! :grin:

Re: I'm a bit excited today - deposit paid on new company ca

Robertb said:
jonttt said:
I'll give you a clue and see if you can guess:

- just announced
- only 500 units
- all LHD

but have to wait until 2019 for delivery :sad:

Bugatti Chiron?

WINNER :thumb:

Deposit paid 200,000 euro :eek:

The car will be joining the company car fleet..... Just got to convince HMRC :floor:

I've had it coded to "marketing' on the ledger :grin:

Ps its shockingly easy to buy these cars, you simply email them.

This is an extract from the email sent on spec to on of their 'Brand Directors' who's details had been passed onto me......

Thank you for getting in contact with us.
Have you seen the car at the Geneva Motor Show?
It is limited to 500 units (all LHD), so far about 200 of them are sold and we are currently looking at deliveries in 2019.
The basic price of 2.4m EUR includes 4 years warranty and 4 years free servicing and excludes options, taxes and delivery charges. With the first deposit of 200,000 EUR you have the option to reserve one of 500 cars and that will put you in the queue for delivery.
The second deposit of 900,000EUR is due at around 9 months before delivery.
Please let me know if you would like to proceed with the first deposit of 200,000 EUR.

One email later and a bank transfer and job done :eek: I guess it helps that my boss is known by them as he's had a couple of Veyrons.

I had more trouble buying my mother a Fiat 500 at Christmas :roll:

Pps did I say why I love my job :dont know:

alex yates said:
Get Terry back as quizmaster- far better host!! :grin:

I've bee busy, my profit target for this quarter has gone up by 2.5m euro for some reason :nooo:

:bike: :grin:

I'm working on the basis he has finally got bored with the F12 and will need a new toy as a quick fix so it might get passed down to me :grin: he's kept it to himself for 12 months now which is really unfair :nooo:

Two questions:

1) Can't believe how easy it is to get in the queue. I'm guessing you will make a fairly substantial profit if you sell on the order even at this stage, is your boss looking to flip it or actually drive it for a while- surely it's not a long-term daily driver?!!

2) Given that I was first to call "SHOTGUN" on first passenger ride, I trust that 'man law' will be upheld. Shall we fix a date for 2019 now? I'm happy to travel to meet you though it would be equally awesome if you could park outside my house if you wanted to pick me up. Feel free to rev it a little so that the neighbours come to see it....

Lol I like your style :thumb:

He does not buy cars to flip them, it will get used. We have run ferraris that have had 30k miles put on them in two years, he ran an SLR for 15k miles in just over a year, so no the Bugatti won't get flipped and it will get driven. The F12 had over 10k on it last time I was in it.

In all honesty I probably won't get to drive it much but we may drive rather than fly to a few meetings in it. Cars like this do serve a business purpose, turn up to close an acquisition and the other side know you are not messing around :wink:

jonttt said:
Lol I like your style :thumb:

... turn up to close an acquisition and the other side know you are not messing around :wink:

And yours sir! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back