Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyreleader.co.uk Pilot Cup 2s

IMI A said:
isysman said:
IMI A said:
On road you rarely notice understeer as you're never entering a corner at race speed. Trust me at max attack all 997 understeer inc GT3 RS and GT2 RS! its all part of the fun and the 4wd 911 tend to understeer much more than the 2wd models!!

Come on get it finished lol!!!!!! :thumbs:

I'm getting there! Decklid is in for painting and I've asked him for a date to take my car in for the front end. Ordering the front wings and all the rest of the bits next week from Wilmslow OPC.

Your attention to detail has been unbelievable - its going to look epic - can't wait my self - maybe get the TPC front widening kit so the wheels fill the new CF wheel arches out properly? Also improves handling even further. Well jell :thumb: :envy:

I'm not familiar with this kit, how does it work? I think the wheels will fill out the arches pretty well. The wheels currently stick out past my arches!

The attention is so I don't end up with a bad copy. I've seen a number of them.

isysman said:
IMI A said:
isysman said:
IMI A said:
On road you rarely notice understeer as you're never entering a corner at race speed. Trust me at max attack all 997 understeer inc GT3 RS and GT2 RS! its all part of the fun and the 4wd 911 tend to understeer much more than the 2wd models!!

Come on get it finished lol!!!!!! :thumbs:

I'm getting there! Decklid is in for painting and I've asked him for a date to take my car in for the front end. Ordering the front wings and all the rest of the bits next week from Wilmslow OPC.

Your attention to detail has been unbelievable - its going to look epic - can't wait my self - maybe get the TPC front widening kit so the wheels fill the new CF wheel arches out properly? Also improves handling even further. Well jell :thumb: :envy:

I'm not familiar with this kit, how does it work? I think the wheels will fill out the arches pretty well. The wheels currently stick out past my arches!

The attention is so I don't end up with a bad copy. I've seen a number of them.

Pretty sure Porsche widened the front track on the GT2 RS over standard GT2. Both TPC and BBi sell a front end widening kit. Otherwise your front wheels may be too far inside the wider front arches but not 100% on this.

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/919857-tpc-front-wide-track-kit-like-it.html

Interesting. This is an unknown to me. As far as I can see, my wheels stick out pretty far as is. This is why I haven't put the wider tyres on yet. I have the centrelock wheels and you can't fit spacers (that I know of). I think this kit is for 5 stud wheels.

isysman said:
Interesting. This is an unknown to me. As far as I can see, my wheels stick out pretty far as is. This is why I haven't put the wider tyres on yet. I have the centrelock wheels and you can't fit spacers (that I know of). I think this kit is for 5 stud wheels.

Its available for both 5 stud and CL turbos. As you say with 5 studs you can just use spacers but with CL you have to use this kit. As I said I'm not 100% on this and you can make your mind up after the Cf front wings go on. Be great if you don't have to use it but even if you do it improves handling anyway.

You can see here how far out my wheel is with the standard wing.

52A45AF1-F311-4DA3-BEE3-B109B62B7DFE_zpsooxc5ya4.jpg

P1020006_zpszaciygtr.jpg

IMI A said:
isysman said:

Its available for both 5 stud and CL turbos. As you say with 5 studs you can just use spacers but with CL you have to use this kit. As I said I'm not 100% on this and you can make your mind up after the Cf front wings go on. Be great if you don't have to use it but even if you do it improves handling anyway.

No doubt if once fitted the car doesn't look right as far as wheels are concerned I'll be compelled to fit this kit! Here's hoping all will be well and I can save myself $3300

From what he said, his front wheels are 19x8.5 whereas my wheels are 19x9 so I've got half an inch on him. His wheels would sit flush on standard wings.

So the front tyres arrived this morning, hooray!

I did notice something over the weekend, that when I ordered them I neglected to order the N rated for the front (and the N rated were £20 cheaper). Shame they didn't pick up on it but I'm not really concerned, I'm sure they will be fine.

P1020014_zpstzxorbax.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back