Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone use a 964 as a daily.....?

It's fascinating watching the 996 turbos starting to shoot up in value. Maybe a swap for a clean and usable 964 might be achievable after all :?:

Thanks for the comments so far chaps :thumb:

Our family wagon (auto beamer) gave up just as we got a 3.2 so wife ended up using it as daily for a few weeks, that's school runs, Sainsburys, shopping, a few trips to west end & she is not even a Porsche driver.... 964 is a decade ahead of 3.2 in terms of ease of use so no idea what some are on about. Its a very easy car to live with on a daily basis, challenge will be finding a Targa that has no "Targa rust".

Also happily using a 964 Tiptronic as a daily driver. 60k miles (97k km) at the moment on the clock of which 4k miles this summer. I am based in Finland and the snow, ice and especially the salt on the roads in the winter mean that the car is only driven during the summer, though.

Let me know if you want to meet up and have a drive, I have a Targa and am in Milton Keynes, happy to show you round the car and go over some common faults and upgrades.

tdiquattro said:
Let me know if you want to meet up and have a drive, I have a Targa and am in Milton Keynes, happy to show you round the car and go over some common faults and upgrades.

Really!?! Yes please! I work out that way so could head over after work? Next weekend (Sunday morning) we're doing Millbrook so could also pop over after that? :thumb:

I had my 964 for years and used it as a daily. About 5 miles to and from work. Tracked it, Bedford, Outlon, Brands, The Ring (lots) and even got it to 167 on the gps. Regularly drove over there at 140 on the Autobahn. No probs.

Sold it for a song. Regretted it ever since.

Just bought a 996 Turbo. Much more modern. Tip, not manual. Much easier drive in some ways but liked the feel that came with the 964. Could probably swap it for a 964, but don't think I will do.

Might sell it and get a 912 and a 996 non turbo (with Hartech work done) and still have some funds left.

Decisions, decisions.

Nice car but too leggy for a daily if the engine hasn't been done.

When I had my 964 I used it daily, for a few months but then the traffic jams into work made me by a £1k bucket and save the 964 for the weekends. Mine didn't have air con and the heating is a thing of character/wonder but it was excellent at long journeys. With the cup exhaust it was always special. I tried a few targas before I got a coupe and they all seemed to rattle. I'd have another in a heartbeat but as well as the 996, not instead of. Just my pennies worth

That looks OK pricewise for a Targa, especially with the work RPM have done to it. My only gripe (although easily rectified) is the weedy 16" Cups.

Thought you might like to see mine.

Attachments

• dscf5453_sml_162.jpg
    dscf5453_sml_162.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 2,259

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back