Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 Turbo S review - the ultimate everyday supercar?

Tyre smokin', finger lickin' good !! :D :) :lol:

Just can't get my head around how large and OTT they look! :?:

s2000db said:

Like all 991 v 997 comparisons the size is deceptive.

The 991 Turbo S is only 72mm longer and 28mm wider than your car overall. It's the 90mm increase in length between the wheels makes it seem much bigger.

T8 said:
s2000db said:

Like all 991 v 997 comparisons the size is deceptive.

The 991 Turbo S is only 72mm longer and 28mm wider than your car overall. It's the 90mm increase in length between the wheels makes it seem much bigger.

I have to say I still think they are big cars but I am warming to them a little.

Still looks a lot wider though....

[/img]

s2000db said:
Still looks a lot wider though....

[/img]

It does but there's only 28mm in it apparently. :dont know:

The 911 does look a bigger car, as well as the wheel base the higher front wing topline accentuates it for me. Unless there's something odd about that photo, such as the 991 is closer to the camera that the 997, the width of the 991's body measures the same as the width including the mirrors of the 997 :?:

Wouldn't turn one down though :worship:

edited typo's

You're right. That 991 must be closer to the camera. On my PC screen it's 5% wider which would make it over 6ft 4 inches wide. :grin:

Hmmmm, still looks big... :dont know:

s2000db said:
Hmmmm, still looks big... :dont know:

Compared to what :?:

It's only 3 inches longer than your old 996C4 but it is 4.5 inches wider.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back