Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner saying hello

Thanks Alfie,
So as the car is in the EU it's not considered importing then? Please excuse my ignorance on this issue as it's all new to me

Quite a rare thing in thAt colour, as Bob has said (Ras 62) get it along to Unit 11 for an expert honest once over.

I'm no expert on this but I would suggest the basic rule of thumb is;

Buying any used car within the EU - no Vat or Import Duty

Buying a car less than 30 years old from outside EU - 20% VAT 10% Import Duty

Buying a car more than 30 years old from outside EU - 5% VAT 0% Import duty - as long as you can claim it is original and of historic importance.

I've done the first and third methods on the list - the second one doesn't make financial sense when you add it all up.

Alfie

Alfie68s said:

Buying a car more than 30 years old from outside EU - 5% VAT 0% Import duty - as long as you can claim it is original and of historic importance.

I've done the first and third methods on the list - the second one doesn't make financial sense when you add it all up.

Alfie

Brilliant thanks for the info

Looks stunning!

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Chris

Welcome Alfie,

A lovely looking car and a great way to start your relationship with it :thumb:

Good luck,
Paul

Well done. Looks very pretty in silver. From the condition of the interior looks like a low miles car too. Think you may have struck gold errr silver there! :thumbs:

What a great find, congrats. Absolutely love 964 in silver.

These cars are so well built that it might be hard to call milleage based on interior - my 1990 car's black interior looks pretty much identical condition to yours and has done 116k miles. Not in the med though to be fair!

Alfie68s said:

Alfie

Now what's the web address for German Auto Trader :sad:

:floor: :floor: :bandit: :bandit:

Thanks for all the nice comments. I think the pictures mask a few of the parking dings, i'm not to worried about them for now - plenty of time to make it A1.
I started looking for an early 80's euro spec car in the states as I had some dollars left over from selling my previous Italian purchase

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-osi-20m-ts-2-3/

The problem I found was finding something in the right spec and the right location so I started looking in Italy, France and Germany.
I've always hankered after a 964 as well and my searching started to include these cars as well as the 80's cars.
Italy appears to have better pricing for 964's at present and a up until recently the euro was trading at 1.3 - 1.4 euros to a pound. Hence my decision was made.
Just waiting to get my docs back form the DVLA...
Alfie

That OSI looked beautiful. :worship:

Like a baby Monteverdi. :cloud9:

ps. :welcome: to 911uk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back