Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Auto 944, opinions wanted?

Yup the belts will be done, along with the brake pipes and brake flexys.
I've got brakes now, my dad gave me a hand to bleed them and a lot of air came out of the driver side calliper. Now there rock solid. Cleaned the pop up light relay and plug to the motor with no joy then after a bit of messing about there was a clunk and the lights went down! I think the mechanism was jammed but they are working now.
Got the front valance and engine tray fitted so it looks a bit better :thumbs:

engine hunts a bit when cold but settles when up to temp, I want to drain the old fuel as its four years old but there's half a tank in there!

Surprisingly every switch in the car works, I'm very surprised, I was expecting an electrical nightmare!

I recommend cleaning the idle control valve, that will likely solve the cold hunt

Yes mate I'll clean it, cleaning it did wonders on the 964.

igaffz said:
Yes mate I'll clean it, cleaning it did wonders on the 964.

It's a bit of a fiddle but you can do it whilst on the car with the car running. There's Guide somewhere showing which pipe it's best to crack open and then put the carb cleaner nozzle in and spray

Been messing about with the car on and off over the weekend.

Fixed brakes by bleeding the air out.
Fixed inop window switch.
Fitted front valence and engine tray.
Fixed loose door handle.
Gave interior a quick Hoover.
Give it a going over with the machine polisher but it needs another going over to get all the oxidation off.

Ordered a fuel filter, oil filter, plugs, air filter and brake flexys. Decided I'm going to drain the old fuel out and put some fresh in, old fuel been in four years?
Not sure when I'll get time but I'm going to remove the intake manifold and check all pipes for splits and clean the ISV, i think removing the manifold will be better in the long run.

Interior in good nick

Looking a bit better but still needs work, looks mint till it drys!

She's got a very noisy tappet, can just the noisy one be changed?

What was wrong with the window switch?

Seconded on the tappet although it might well settle down when it's had some fresh oil through it and had a decent run.

Window switch just needed the contact bent a bit and bobs your uncle!

Spent last Saturday messing with the 944.
Pulled the rubber pipe off the petrol pump and drained the old fuel out.
Fitted new fuel filter.
New Oil and filter. Old oil was dirty and a bit sludgy round the sump plug.
New air filter. Didn't realise it had a k&n filter fitted. Decided to put the paper one in till I can clean the k&n?
New plugs.
Removed the manifold and ISV, gave the ISV a good clean out with petrol and checked all the pipes under the manifold for leaks.

Car still running poor when cold! After a bit of research I decided to get the car up to temperature the adjust the tick over via the throttle body screw. It was ticking over between 500-600 revs when cold and hot so I raised them up to 900. It runs perfectly now, no hunting or dipping of the revs when I dip the clutch or at idle, very relived it's sorted without having to throw money at it changing parts!

Engine mounts next as the original ones are knackered then belts and brake pipes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back