Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heat Exchanger

crz21

I need a new LHS heat exchanger, mine has corroded and is letting exhaust fumes into the cabin.
Has anyone recently replaced their exhaust system and has one lying around in good condition? i'll gladly take it off their hands.

thanks

Michael

There were a few on Ebay last week.

Can these not be plated given that they are expensive and hard to come by :dont know:

SeeYa, the ones on ebay seem to be only right hand side units.
Zingari, might have to look at patching it up as an option if I cant get a replacement.

When mine needed replacing, not cheap did the whole system in S/S fit and forget. Sold the my old system for £1200 to a chap in Germany.

Managed to pick up both left and right heat exchangers from an accident damaged car.
has anyone changed / removed these before and has any advice? I'm
afraid of snapping a stud during removal and getting a heap of trouble trying to rectify it

It's a pain in the arse! If you get stuck use heat you won't hurt anything :thumbs:

When Hayward&Scott, replaced mine they heated the studs to a cherry red.

That is how they do it, if they snap big problems. Hence me paying, £240 for the fitting.

Think my plan of attack will be to soak them for a few days then heat them. Watch this space !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back