Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dehumidifier

richbrowne said:
Jcx said:
richbrowne said:
Jcx said:
deutschland-dobson said:
How much would a unit like this cost to run a month? Just a rough figure would do :)

Chris

My rough guess on my electric tarif (deals vary) is about £15-25/month. I also have a tube heater which costs about £15/month to run full time which takes the chill off and means that the higher powered and higher cost dehumidifier has less work to do. With a well sealed garage my car is warmer at night than i am :)

Resurrecting this thread to ask how you guys seal out your garages to make a dehumidifier more efficient? Most notably how you seal the bottom gap on the big up and over garage swing door? Possibly general old clothes etc or is there a specific device one can buy to seal this area? :?:

In my case; a new sealed, insulated, sectional garage door. Not cheap but superb thermal qualities and better security.

That's not feasible for me because I rent at the moment. :frustrated:

Fair do. Then how about a thick polythene strip fixed/taped to the door bottom so it creates a sealed edge with the floor when the door is shut. It is flexible so shouldn't be too tolerance sensitive.

dehumidifier inside a carcoon? cuts down on the running costs of the dehumidifier too (granted not enough to offset the carcoon cost)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back