Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 JOE

Thanks guys, it's up for £1125, similar 911 plates seem to be £750-£1500, hmmmm, maybe I'll put an offer in :chin:

MJA911 said:
Sorry to take this s tad off topic, but whilst I'm not that much of plate enthusiast, Im no fan of the random/unattractive 60 plate adorning my car either. I've seen J911MJA, it's not a mega-plate obviously, but what's a reasonable price to pay for a plate like that? Is it likely to retain value?

Crikey I thought 'Simon' and 'Trevor' were niche. :?

I've never seen a two person auction before........... :D

Joking, ahem, aside, there seems to be a bit of a 'Hockey Stick* / J Curve' on pricing with the majority at the 'stick' end being c£500-£900. The (vastly smaller number) of ones that are at the 'hitty' end are the ones, unsurprisingly, that have broad appeal (Mr Pub's '911 FAN' being a good example).

So I'd think the one you are after would be at the 'stick' end, so £500-£900. Just above the top of the binding. :?:

*Obviously for Scottish and Irish readers the blasphemous term 'Hockey' should of course be substituted with 'Shinty' or 'Hurling' stick :thumb:

EDIT - tried to get a picture of a hockey stick. Failed. Gave up! :pc:

Hi all,

As it sold to a non forum member i'm happy to share the sale price... buckle up kids...

I sold it for 6k...

like you say its not tons but still if someone has the money and want to pay it then it will eventually sell, i could of held on to it as i wasn't massively in need of the cash but you never know how long it might take for someone to take an interest again so i decided, hey why not, i used some of the money to buy another "TURBO" plate just for the lols. :lol:

this one obviously doesn't say turbo, however i dont believe it to be as bad as some "turbo" plates that have graced this for sale section of the forum, i.e it doesnt have some meaningless letters after the word turbo lol. Its not as bad as some of the jumbled letters fake plates that youd do well to not get pulled for either and not so bad that a man with a cane and a dog would barely make out the word!

I currently have it assigned to my car and had the plate made and sent direct from the DVLA, hence correct spacing etc so no one is under any illusion to it actually saying the word TURBO.

Think ill post it in another thread tomorrow to keep it clean! Will look forward to the comments! I'll have my popcorn at the ready! I think my favourite from the other TURBO posts has to be the sketch with the cats and the screwdriver if anyone knows what im talking about, that shizz was hillarious.

long post is long.

Thanks!
997JOE (may now have to change my username... FML...)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back