Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 15 Year warranty

iceboy said:
pancobalt said:
I dont see why not iceboy. Providing you pass the opc 111 point check , have less than 100k on the clock and pay £1100 for a year warranty or £1980 for 2 years.and lastly do not have any moody rev ranges stored in the dashboard.

Its about £200 plus vat for 111 point check.

I am very tempted to purchase the porsche e warranty myself. Almost a no brainer for an owner of 8 yrs and older standard car. Imo.

Are you tempted iceboy ?

I am tempted.

The cars is looked after by Reading and I will ask if they will carry out the 111 point check at the next service which is a major one I think.

Having said all that, my car covers 3000 miles pa at most...actually this year it has covered 900 miles...........I know don't shout at me but I work in the city and travel a fair deal......but when the weather is good and I'm home, boy oh boy does she get a spanking!!

Then I think maybe I don't put enough miles on her to justify the £1980 over 2 years......

Could someone tell me what the warranty does not cover?

LOL
IceBoy

PS. The Porsche website still states 9 years?!...anybody have a link?

/\ this - as i put 4-6k miles on a year the warranty and OPC servicing and parts costs just doesn't add up for me, if it was my daily and i was doing 12k plus p.a then yes i would rethink

T8 said:
The prices I was quoted from my OPC were 'renewal prices' i.e £1020 for 1 year or £1840 for 2 years.

The 111 point check is a fixed price of £216 if not done at the same time a minor/major service.

All prices include VAT.

2 year renewal sorted today.

111 point check -20% PCGB discount* = £172.80

No remedial work required.

£1840 for 2 years peace of mind.

* = £60 renewal membership. £43.20 already paid back. :thumb:

T8 said:
T8 said:
The prices I was quoted from my OPC were 'renewal prices' i.e £1020 for 1 year or £1840 for 2 years.

The 111 point check is a fixed price of £216 if not done at the same time a minor/major service.

All prices include VAT.

2 year renewal sorted today.

111 point check -20% PCGB discount* = £172.80

No remedial work required.

£1840 for 2 years peace of mind.

* = £60 renewal membership. £43.20 already paid back. :thumb:

Hi Terry,

That sounds great! How did you get the 111 point check with 20% discount?

Where did you go?

Thx

Joe

Jcx said:
How did you get the 111 point check with 20% discount?

Where did you go?

Tonbridge have known my car from new. I presented my PCGB membership card when I took it in. They deducted 20% from the cost of the 111 point check. Simples.

T8 said:
Jcx said:
How did you get the 111 point check with 20% discount?

Where did you go?

Tonbridge have known my car from new. I presented my PCGB membership card when I took it in. They deducted 20% from the cost of the 111 point check. Simples.

Brilliant! :) I am booked into Silverstone next month to review and renew and i shall be making a call as i was told no movement was possible on the price... let's see about that :)

T8 said:
iceboy said:
I am tempted.

The cars is looked after by Reading and I will ask if they will carry out the 111 point check at the next service which is a major one I think .......

......... Then I think maybe I don't put enough miles on her to justify the £1980 over 2 years......

Could someone tell me what the warranty does not cover?

My car had the 111 point check done at the same time as a major service and I was charged £65 (i.e half an hours labour at a discounted rate) on top.

What 'cheshire911' has said above about the requirements for the warranty to be issued and the cover it provides are correct. Everything not deemed to be 'consumables' will be replaced if they fail.

The £1100 I paid in February has been paid back about 15 times* over so far this year and I won't be hesitating to renew next month.

*Details here =>The benefit of having a Porsche Warranty

+1 to all the above on a 10 year old car I'd go for the warranty every time. Even on my last gen 2, first month 1100 quids worth was fixed under warranty, and I got 2 free 111 point checks at Wilmslow OPC over the course of ownership, it was like they were desperate to find something to fix under the warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back