Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ducktail & RUF front lip

Chris G

Hey,

I'm looking at fitting a ducktail to my 964 and had read that the quality can vary between different suppliers? So I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a decent quality one?

I'm also after a RUF front lip or a replica of one, does anyone know where I can get one in the UK, rennspeed sell one..

http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=429

Not sure on the cost of importing one though

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'd dodge the copies of RUF splitters and go with the genuine article. PM me if you want and i'll drop you the contact details for RUF. Its just like ordering from the UK, nice and easy. Just not cheap!

As for the ducktail there's a thread on the Rennlist forum with a few ideas. A few lads form the UK bought from this guy:

http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/818039-ducktail-group-buy-uk.html

Hope that helps

Any photos of your 964 so far?

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll ask Jack for some more info, seems he knows the place to go.

I'll PM you now for the RUF spoiler, I thought getting the genuine article would be the way to go, just wanted to check there wasn't a cheaper alternative.

My car is Gary Donalds (GazC2) old 964, I've just put a set of Advan TCIII wheels on it in silver, so need to get some new pictures with its new shoes. I think I started a thread on here, will update that when I've got some new photos. Need to decide wether to keep them silver or spray them a copper bronze as well!

Thanks again

No worries Chris :)

Nice to see the modifying continue with Gaz's car! I do like an Advan wheel and I like the idea of the RUF lip and duck too :thumbs:

Chris

Slightly different direction from what Gaz went, but hopefully just as good!

I've got a rennspeed ruf copy I never fitted, cost me a fortune to import from the states. If you want it you can have it cheap, pm if interested :thumbs:

Ian

Looking forward to seeing the pics Chris I always fancied a ducktail,still got your AC pipes in the garage I never managed to get south last year.

cheers

Gaz

Ian, I've sent you a PM

Gaz, how is the 997? I'm still loving the 964, makes me smile every time I drive it and gets positive comments everywhere I go in it! Will send you a PM now about the AC pipes

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back