Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finding the owner of a plate

ClarkyCat - I take it you'd be up for volunteering your services.. :?:

Winny - looked at the DVLA site - and yes, they will supply details - for a fee - so long as there is good cause... not sure if wanting to buy the plate falls into that category or not... might be worth a try.

For what it's worth, the plate I am looking for is 4JRN. It was sold at DVLA Auction in Sept 2013 for £2,700.... Hopefully (fingers crossed etc etc) because I can't find it on a car, it would be possible to buy.

That being said, if the owner wants me to bend over and pull my trousers down, there are plenty of others available.

Like Y4 JRN for only £400.

X4AJRN said:
ClarkyCat - I take it you'd be up for volunteering your services.. :?: .

You would have to bat though, I can't hit anything with a bat...
:nooo:

X4AJRN said:
Winny - looked at the DVLA site - and yes, they will supply details - for a fee - so long as there is good cause... not sure if wanting to buy the plate falls into that category or not... might be worth a try.

For what it's worth, the plate I am looking for is 4JRN. It was sold at DVLA Auction in Sept 2013 for £2,700.... Hopefully (fingers crossed etc etc) because I can't find it on a car, it would be possible to buy.
Wanting to buy a plate is not reasonable cause for the DVLA, you'll just be wasting £2.50 + postage. Making up a reason is illegal.

Tracking down a plate is easier if it's actually on a car - you can tell what car it's on, the owner could be on a manufacturer specific forum, the plate could be spotted in one of the Pistonheads plates thread, you could get very lucky and see it parked somewhere, etc.

If the plate's on retention you've got zero chance unless the owner puts it up for sale.

clarkycat said:
Ok...
I think it was generally accepted that my first suggestion would indeed 100% work, albeit resulting in a prison sentence and/or driving ban.

However, in the absence of any other idea that will 100% find the owner of the plate, I will offer another way to find them that is less silly and contrived.

1, Go to a scrap yard and buy a wing mirror off any car, black plastic would be best as we don't know the colour of the car your plate is on.

2, Screw the mirror to the end of a cricket bat. Give it to a friend and send them out in their car.

3, Stand kerbside in a 30 zone.

4, Get you friend to drive past you at at least 70mph.

5, As he passes you, get him to scud you round the face with the mirror end of the 'wingbat'

6, Hey presto! ballistics will show the resulting facial trauma is a 70mph hit and run in a 30 zone.

7, When you wake up, tell the police (or write down) that all you can remember is the registration number.

8, At the ID parade, grab the microphone and shout out the registration plate and how much you would pay.

9, See if one of them moves or blinks or something.

HTH
:)

Sorry to revive this...Im new here...but had to comment, this sub forum is hilarious...and that comment had me in stitches :p!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back